·
Registered
1,080 Posts
WTF are you talking about?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,921 Posts
Cam followers to adjust valve clearance - and Wow that was fast Dan.

He was going to a 2.70mm from a 2.75 and 2.80 (must have been really tight).

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had three valves that were tight two intakes at 275 and one exhaust at 280.
The two intakes got the 270s and the exhaust got one of my 275s and Dan got my 275 and 280.
Dan and everything is in the mail.
Each 5 points on a bucket is about .002 so if my intake was at .0055 it is now .0075.

DON

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
donsobeck said:
I had three valves that were tight two intakes at 275 and one exhaust at 280.
The two intakes got the 270s and the exhaust got one of my 275s and Dan got my 275 and 280.
Dan and everything is in the mail.
Each 5 points on a bucket is about .002 so if my intake was at .0055 it is now .0075.

DON
Hey, Don - stayin' on topic here, lemme tell ya what Dan did for me. I pulled 5 of my intake buckets that were tight (exhausts are all mid-range ok); made up a little chart to send to Dan with my bassackwards math. Got a quick reply that I wuz math'ing bassackwards, butt Dan could figger what I needed anyway. So, instead of needing to replace 5 of the 8 intake followers, he suggested I swap two for two that would get us to the right numbers for 5 intakes, and just replace the other 3 - saying that he thought he had 'em in his stash. Lo and behold, unbeknownst to me, the three I needed were already in the postal pipeline from his stash and I got 'em the next day (without even asking!!) . Now, all I gotta do is send him the three I no longer need, with re-imbursement for his postage and time and courteous assistance. You talk about a 'pass it forwards' example, Dan's the Man!!! :thumb:

Thanks, Dan.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Dan is working on his good karma. It will come back to him at some time. Good stuff!

BTW, Don, that is a good idea to ask the members. Did not dawn on me to do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts