BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a sunshade that will work? Or is the answer to either buy one and modify it (cut a gap for the mount locking bar) or make one from scratch.
The one Touratech sells for the 2610 wont work with their mount.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Since I have the same GPS & mount, another inquiring mind would like to know.

regards

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I made one. It only takes a few minutes and then a little time for the paint to dry! :sleep:

My local hardware store sells aluminium in 5" x 10" sheets. I bent it around the 2610 and tapered the ends so they return to toward the unit at the sides. A little paint and some velcro and it works OK.

I only say "OK" because I still get glare that makes the screen unreadable when the sun is over my shoulder. When that happens my infinitely variable and portable sun screen comes into play; I use my hand! :D

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
ltcommuter said:
I made one. It only takes a few minutes and then a little time for the paint to dry! :sleep:

My local hardware store sells aluminium in 5" x 10" sheets. I bent it around the 2610 and tapered the ends so they return to toward the unit at the sides. A little paint and some velcro and it works OK.

I only say "OK" because I still get glare that makes the screen unreadable when the sun is over my shoulder. When that happens my infinitely variable and portable sun screen comes into play; I use my hand! :D

Cheers!
And you don't have any trouble receiving satellite signals? :confused:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Garmin's 2610 Motorcycle mount

The incompatibility of Touratech's mount and sunshade combined with the fact that I have to watch it when I lower the wind screen because it will hit the mount is a bit more than I want to deal with. The Touratech stuff is going back with a nasty note regarding the mount and sunshade conflict.
Anyone have a experience with Garmin's 2610 Motorcycle mount?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sunshade

BMR makes one from aluminum . You need to specify which model 2610/BMW Navigator II as they are different. I have the BMW Nav II and the shade fits fine allowing access to the left hand buttons.

Follow the instructions exactly and you will have no problems with reception. The antenna is behind the seam across the top of your GPS unit so as long as you don't attach the shade past the midpoint you will be fine.

http://www.bmrproducts.com/proddetail.php?prod=070_Cover2610&cat=1

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,178 Posts
I have a 2610 with the stock Garmin mount. Not as secure as the tourtech but it works fine with the BMR sunshade and self. No impact with the windscreen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts