BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, really this is no misprint or joke. just read the story:

http://jalopnik.com/343003/the-2500-tata-nano-unveiled-in-india

If they really full of the trick to bring a car for sub $5000 to market coupled with a decent warranty I believe it would sell like crazy despite the obvious and not so obvious shortcomings.

·
Registered
531 Posts
years ago, we bought a chevette scooter, it was 1800 bucks...around 1975 I think...brand new.

The door panels were cardboard, nothing was automatic (cept the trans)..and other than the crappy brake/clutch designs (had another one later with more fancy stuff in it), it was a rock solid machine.

Not too bad in the comfort zone either, but comfort didn't seem to be a big issue at that age, heheh..

I like the smart car, saw them in GE a couple years back...but I think its about 20 grand for one of those.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
I'd consider that for a commuter. Now way they'll be able to sell it here for 2500 bucks though...

·
Registered
531 Posts
I agree, I think it'd be at least double that cost here in the USA.

Remember the Yugo? I can't remember how much that was but it may have been around 2500 bucks. What a scary car.

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
There is NO WAY I would ever consider driving that on a Texas Freeway. Lest you be gobbled up by a SUV or even a R1200GS Adventure in the left lane.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I can just see the Texas headlines...

"Bike run's over car on freeway, occupants expected to survive" :histerica

thats funny, heheheh...

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Cute little car. You could carry one in the bed of a pickup truck in case the truck breaks down.

"Spare tire? We don't need no steenkeeng spare tire. We got a spare car!"

Regarding that first photo: Would that be a training bra? :histerica

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
That little car was on our local new last night. It is a funny looking thing but it seats four. I am not sure I would want to take it anywhere since it was listed as top speed of 60mph but as a commuter or school car...maybe.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
pkpr1998 said:
A piece of junk from a piece of junk of country!
Whuau!!!. very bold comment.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Have you ever been to India Brett?? I have. I'd keep comments like that to myself.

·
IBR# 366
16,572 Posts
Morley said:
Get 2 and have a pair of Tata's
:histerica :histerica

·
Registered
54 Posts
andy said:
If they really full of the trick to bring a car for sub $5000 to market coupled with a decent warranty I believe it would sell like crazy despite the obvious and not so obvious shortcomings.
It will sell like crazy in developing countries, without a doubt. However, it does not pass muster with western safety or pollution standards. In fact, fail Indian pollution standards when they become more strict in a couple of years.

Look for the 2nd or 3rd generation of their product to be something that can be exported to the US and Europe. :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
pkpr1998 said:
A piece of junk from a piece of junk of country!

WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!! Well, I always have a high regard for the members on this board and their knowledge & opinions. But I guess, there's always some rotten apples in the crate!!!

Pretty bold, or should I say Nasty, comment there, Brett.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
unleashd said:
WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!! Well, I always have a high regard for the members on this board and their knowledge & opinions. But I guess, there's always some rotten apples in the crate!!!

Don't let that get to you Prakash. It only goes to show just how much he really knows.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
unleashd said:

andy said:
Don't let that get to you Prakash. It only goes to show just how much he really knows.
Don't get too upset with Brett guys. He can't help it . . . he bleeds Red, White, and Blue.

And while his comment may have been a bit out of line, his heart's in the right place. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts