BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever bought their 24K Service kit from Beemer Boneyard?

Was everything there that you needed?

Any other comments?

·
Registered
878 Posts
I purchased a kit about a month ago and it had everything I needed except for the fluids. It included all of the crush washers needed as well as the the oil filter cover o-ring.

It took about a week to get to my house and cost less than $95 delivered. Will definitely be ordering again.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
astuber said:
I purchased a kit about a month ago and it had everything I needed except for the fluids. It included all of the crush washers needed as well as the the oil filter cover o-ring.

It took about a week to get to my house and cost less than $95 delivered. Will definitely be ordering again.
Thanks, Alan!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Yep, did it last week, and been putting all the parts in. Works like a champ. The oil filter is a painted Bosch, though. Some have mixed feelings about a painted filter. I put it on anyway. The fuel and air filters aren't too bad to get done, and I was able to slip the rubber fuel lines off with the clamps still intact and slip the new filter in place without replacing those. Air filter is simple, once you get to it. Going to do plugs and valve check this weekend at tech session in NC.

Easy way to get all the parts in one stop.

Randy

·
Registered
878 Posts
rando said:
Yep, did it last week, and been putting all the parts in. Works like a champ. The oil filter is a painted Bosch, though. Some have mixed feelings about a painted filter. I put it on anyway. The fuel and air filters aren't too bad to get done, and I was able to slip the rubber fuel lines off with the clamps still intact and slip the new filter in place without replacing those. Air filter is simple, once you get to it. Going to do plugs and valve check this weekend at tech session in NC.

Easy way to get all the parts in one stop.

Randy
I'm not too concerned about the painted filter but that is a personal decision that each person has to make.

I would think twice about reusing the crimp-on BMW clamps on the fuel filter. There is relatively high pressure in the fuel system and if the hose comes loose, you're dead in the water. I replaced mine with the screw type when I replaced the filter. YMMV

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Folks at beemerboneyard are not too long back from the national MOA gathering. I orderd my 24K while that shindig was mid-swing. They shipped my kit out day after they got back from it. Should be arriving here any day now.

Mmm, anyone else nearby need to do a 24k or something?

The Penguin farmer
(who thinks he may aughta open up a 'Big Mean Wyomgin' repair shop..

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
rando said:
and I was able to slip the rubber fuel lines off with the clamps still intact and slip the new filter in place without replacing those.
Don't sweat this one Randy. Yes, some have had a hose pop off. I have reused these crimp things for years. Never one has come off. If you have a good feel for the amount of resistance as the hose slides over the beaded pipe section you'll be fine. Besides, you're not that dead in the water because you know exactly where the filter is and how to get to it, as well as the time required to do so.

The same failure potential can be said for cold flow damage induced from a standard screw type hose clamp, especially those with the worm screw and slotted band.

But, I do have a couple hundred crimp type at the house if you want to replace yours. I bought these after doing my filter and acquiring some spare QD's.

Just another 2cw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts