BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it!

Managed to put 2000 miles on my new-to-me 2000 LT in just a month and came up on the 24K service.

I did pull off all the left side tupperware to yank the airbox temp sensor, so now I get to run premium all the time. Last week we were in the high 90's, and while heading to the dealer for some supplies the throttle lag really annoyed the heck out of me, so I decided to yank the sensor.

The hardest part for me was getting to the transmission drain plug. Does everyone else have a skidplate underneath or is that an add-on the PO put on? I had to remove the two rear bolts so I could pull the exhaust hanger out and away from the drain plug... It took awhile as the skid plate bolts were attached with red loctite!

Anyhow, I put in Mobil 1 15/50 in the engine, and Mobil 1 75/90 in the transmission and rear drive.

Good to go for awhile now! At least a few months... :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
So did you flush the front and back brakes as well as the clutch? How about coolant? Check the valves? Me thinks you may not be done yet?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
_Warren_ said:
The hardest part for me was getting to the transmission drain plug. Does everyone else have a skidplate underneath or is that an add-on the PO put on?
Yes-- and it's very necessary -- you can literally crack open the tranmission case if you catch the centerstand on a speed bump if the skid plate's not there.

_Warren_ said:
I had to remove the two rear bolts so I could pull the exhaust hanger out and away from the drain plug... It took awhile as the skid plate bolts were attached with red loctite!
That's exactly the way it's done! For others contemplating this work, see the recently posted Article: http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/articles.php?action=viewarticle&artid=4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts