BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
IIRC most if not all annual stuff is included in 24K Service. On my Four Corner trip of 07, BMW of Orlando, FL quoted me a price of just over or a little over $600 when I set the appointment, because this is a major Service. They also bleed the brakes and claim they did a full annual. They had the bike for just over 7 hr and when I returned to pick up bike on a Friday evening handed me a bill for $1392. and cents. (parts were $239 )You can read about it in the dealer experience section (they did not even kiss me first) Every dealer I called and MAX of new york quoted me in the $800 range.

My advice, find a tech session in your area and do it your self with help

·
Registered
66 Posts
I believe all the dealers use a book price for the service. They nailed me for $1200 for the 24K service. When I had the 36K done, it was done in my own garage on the lift I bought to make it easier. That service cost me $275 for the parts. Do yourself a favor and find a tech session in your area. Do it yourself. It will be done better and without feeling screwed.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
276 Posts
firstbeemer said:
I believe all the dealers use a book price for the service. They nailed me for $1200 for the 24K service. When I had the 36K done, it was done in my own garage on the lift I bought to make it easier. That service cost me $275 for the parts. Do yourself a favor and find a tech session in your area. Do it yourself. It will be done better and without feeling screwed.
Good Luck!
I wholeheartedly agree with this. I was able to take advantage of firstbeemer's lift this spring when he generously hosted a tech session for myself and a couple of other members. I got the entire 12K done without a hitch, rode the bike to Alaska and back (just got back Tuesday - a total of 11,500 miles) and now I'm ready for my next 12K, which I am confident I can do myself. Tech Sessions are worth their weight in gold and the people generous enough to share their space and knowledge are even more valuable IMHO.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
The short answer is anywhere from $900.00 - $1,200.00 (or more) depending upon what they find during the service. My 12K was $1,100.00, but included a new front tire.

After that, I started doing my own (10 cents a mile for maintenance made me choke!). A little intimidating at first - but if I can do it, anyone can.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I was told the dealer charges 5 hours to remove the tupperware and reinstall it. If their labor rate is $95/hr that is $475 before they even get to the service labor. (some areas of the country charge even higher labor rates) So considering that it is much better to learn to do the work yourself. Going to a local tech session is worth every minute of it.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
+1 for Brian and Bob.. I purchased my baby with the intent of getting "learn'ed". After the first gut check tearing her apart, its a no brainer now. Take the plunge and dive in, you'll thank yourself afterwards. And with the money you save, just imagine all the farkles you can get!!!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Like everyone else has said, just dive in and do it. I did the 12k on mine right after buying it. It took me six hours by myself. I will be doing the 24k tomorrow, and since I have had the tupperware off a few times since, it shouldn't take me nearly as long.

Get Pauls dvd's and a manual, order a kit from beemerboneyard, and go!

Oh yeah, I did pick up the most important tool for this job just today, Sam Adams :beer: :beer

You may even be able to get someone in your area to help you out, if you supply the beverages (see above).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thank you members. I have had 2 other "K" bikes in the past, but this is my first LT and I am finding that I better relearn my mechanical skills. Both the website and a mutual friend have voiced there displeasure with price of maintenance!
I will be looking for a tech session before my next 24K service!
THx
----------------------------------------------------

2003 K1200RS(past)
2007 K1200GT(past)
2004 K1200LT(present)

It's all about the journey!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts