BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
113 Posts
Anyone know what Bluetooth version it uses?
Info from the bike's manual in regards to the TFT:
BT version: 4.2 (no BTLE)

Radio equipment TFT instrument cluster
For all Countries without EU
Model name: ICC10in
Technical information
The ICC10in can operate in one of two operating modes:
1. Normal mode, with Bluetooth and WLAN on, and
2. Radio off mode (only available during vehicle manufacturing).
BT operating frq. Range: 2402 – 2480 MHz
BT version: 4.2 (no BTLE)
BT output power: < +4 dBm (internal antenna)
WLAN operating frq. Range: 2402 – 2472 MHz
WLAN standards: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
WLAN output power: < +14 dBm (internal antenna)

Manufacturer: Robert Bosch GmbH
Adress: Robert-Bosch-Platz 1,
70839 Gerlingen, GERMANY

·
Premium Member
2014 RT
34 Posts
Reactions: RobRT

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
113 Posts
I had the same issue and added an external XM antenna that was a huge improvement. I bought mine on eBay a few years back, but this is the same model. Just make sure that you get one with the pink fakra end. Then, just unplug the shitty antenna and plug this one into the XM radio unit under the seat.

Good luck!

View attachment 174929
Thanks for the info and link. How did you mount and secure the antenna to the top case?

·
Premium Member
2014 RT
34 Posts
It is a self-adhesive sticker. It had held just fine for years. I tucked the wire under the edge of the pad on the backrest. I could not find a way to hide the bottom of the wire, but the enhanced radio reception made me not care.
The entire process was under 10 minutes and easily reversible if you do not like the look. Well worth the $10 investment.

Hood Automotive design Bumper Automotive tire Vehicle
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Chair
Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Reactions: RobRT

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
113 Posts
Update in regards to the SiriusXM antenna on the 21 RT: I had mentioned a problem with the antenna reception and that was based on my first month's experience in April after I got the bike (SXM was activated for a few weeks). After that period, I only got the first Preview channel and realized the "bonus" period was over. So a couple of days ago I decided to log in to my SXM account and select "add new radio". Entered the bike's VIN number and surprisingly got the message that I was entitled for a 6-month free subscription on the 21 RT. I finished the transaction and re-sent the signal to the bike (removed from the garage to avoid signal obstruction). Interesting that after I did this, the reception appears to be much better. Not sure if it was the signal resend or having an actual subscription. I rode 260 Km yesterday and it worked well on highways most of the time but still dropped the signal a few times when riding in the city with buildings around. I will keep testing for the next few days as I like to have the option of selecting the radio station through the TFT (not possible if streaming via the SXM app)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the radio but don't use it, problem is I don't ride around town and usually go bush where reception can be poor, no Sirius here! I do however use the speakers with media, it finds all of my Apple music easily. If I use my Packtalk Bold Slim I need to disconnect the phone from the TFT, then I can't record rides which probably is a good idea sometimes.

Even at 100k+ turned up and with Alpine earplugs in my Neotec II I can still hear the music ok.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Bumping this thread up to ask if anyone other than RobRT has been able to purchase and have a radio installed for their Radio Prepped 2021 RT. My local dealer is saying they don't have any and there is no ETA.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Bumping this thread up to ask if anyone other than RobRT has been able to purchase and have a radio installed for their Radio Prepped 2021 RT. My local dealer is saying they don't have any and there is no ETA.
Following.....still hoping to get someone from BMW to give me a price....anyone email Steffan about this issue too???

·
Registered
129 Posts
From other threads, my understanding is that this is the part number is : 65 12 7924569
Feel free to correct me if you find something different.
FWIW, I also haven't been able to find the online Fiche at any of the major dealers or BMW's websites.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have mine installed, it wasn't cheap around 1,000 for the audio control P/N 65127105111 unit and 144 to have it installed and programmed... now i need to figure out the wire color code so i can install the motochello...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have mine installed, it wasn't cheap around 1,000 for the audio control P/N 65127105111 unit and 144 to have it installed and programmed... now i need to figure out the wire color code so i can install the motochello...
Where is your dealer… lol. Maybe I can ship one to mine…

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
113 Posts
anybody set up your sirius xm free trial ?? it used to be a year now they told me its for 3 months is that correct?
I activated last week and got 6 months free plus 6 months at discounted rate. May cancel though after the free period ends since the stock XM antenna is terrible and rarely picks up signal.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Where did you mount it on your bike? I saw someone mounted on the top case but wondering if there is any other option for mounting the antenna while hiding the cable.
I used double sided 3M tape and attached a thin fender washer in two places covered with a BMW roundel sticker. One on the rear of the luggage rack for when I am not using the top box which does not interfere with mounting the top box when I do use it. One on the top box lid for when I do use the top box. The antenna I referenced in this thread is magnetic so it easy moves from one location to the other. Because I need to remove the rear seat to electricity connect the top box it is not a problem to move the antenna between mounting places and easy hide the wire. The antenna is a 100% improvement in reception over the OE antenna.
There is really no need to cover the washer with a sticker because it is never visible when not in use on the bike. Pictures of both locations below.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
113 Posts
I used double sided 3M tape and attached a thin fender washer in two places covered with a BMW roundel sticker. One on the rear of the luggage rack for when I am not using the top box which does not interfere with mounting the top box when I do use it. One on the top box lid for when I do use the top box. The antenna I referenced in this thread is magnetic so it easy moves from one location to the other. Because I need to remove the rear seat to electricity connect the top box it is not a problem to move the antenna between mounting places and easy hide the wire. The antenna is a 100% improvement in reception over the OE antenna.
thanks for sharing all the details and pictures! I will try to complain about the stock antenna to my dealer (if they can report the issue to BMW) and probably look into an aftermarket solution similar to what you did.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts