BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm desperately missing the radio on my '21, the Cardo isn't cutting it. I checked to see if the radio on my '15 would work, but different connectors. Anyone with the radio on the '21? If so was it a retrofit and if so where did you source it?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Supposedly BMW is going to sell you the Alpine Amp at cost somewhere in the 600's. I'm thinking they should give it to you for putting up with the aggravation. I just posted a work around to use the bike's speakers to listen to music..............
What did you do to your bike today #250

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
120 Posts
I didn't want the radio but got a dealer stock RT that came with it. It is very frustrating that the reception of the SiriusXM signal in the RT is extremely poor, despite having that antenna sitting on top of the TFT. I was even considering getting a SXM package for my bike but realized that streaming radio via phone works way better than the radio reception. I don't know how to complain about this to BMW though, as I heard previous models had same problems. Why add a poorly designed antenna if it doesn't work? Probably they didn't test the bike in North America before releasing. Note: I also have SiriusXM in my car for the past 3 years and it works extremely well.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I didn't want the radio but got a dealer stock RT that came with it. It is very frustrating that the reception of the SiriusXM signal in the RT is extremely poor, despite having that antenna sitting on top of the TFT. I was even considering getting a SXM package for my bike but realized that streaming radio via phone works way better than the radio reception. I don't know how to complain about this to BMW though, as I heard previous models had same problems. Why add a poorly designed antenna if it doesn't work? Probably they didn't test the bike in North America before releasing. Note: I also have SiriusXM in my car for the past 3 years and it works extremely well.
Hmmmm, I'd think they HAD to test Sirius/XM in North America as that's the only place that it had satellite coverage the last time I checked :p
DISCLAIMER it has been a couple decades...

·
Registered
129 Posts
1 hour labor and the radio is not cheap. Bike must have the radio prep kit. First bikes delivered did not and cannot be upgraded as of now, maybe later.
Watching intently for part numbers... My dealer is supposed to call me when they get some but I do not trust that they will remember...

Reactions: wayneosdias

·
Registered
330 Posts
My 2021 K1600GT does not have radio or bluetooth. BMW say the unit is Alpine outdated so they are not installing it anymore. The radio is the same as the RT comparing it to my R1200RT that I had before so if they use the same one on the 2021 RT then you might be waiting for a while.

·
Registered
'21 R1250RT
667 Posts
The radio is the same as the RT comparing it to my R1200RT that I had before so if they use the same one on the 2021 RT then you might be waiting for a while.
The '21 RT radio has digital radio not just AM/FM. I thought this was a brand new feature they added for 2021. If I am correct, it cannot be the same as your 1200.

·
Premium Member
6,386 Posts
The '21 RT radio has digital radio not just AM/FM. I thought this was a brand new feature they added for 2021. If I am correct, it cannot be the same as your 1200.
It's not!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, that's concerning. I used SXM almost exclusively on my 2014 and it was near bullet proof in operation/reception.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts