BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 R1250rt
161 Posts
When on this screen (speedo and tacho) if you press the toggle button UP it will change between each of the selections you have chosen in the menu.

Once you have selected one it will stay on that on any screen you choose (nav - button 4 or audio - button 3 unless you change the defaults).

Only way to change it after that is to go back to the speedo screen (toggle UP UP) and then keep toggle UP until you get the one you want.

·
Registered
2019 R1250rt
161 Posts
Because it would make sense to have fuel bar + what we choose displayed at same time - instead of having to be pressing a key to look at different data. Plus the rider manual shows more than 5 pictures of the bar and distance at same time - why don’t we get it if it’s in the official bike literature? I paid premium price for this bike and expect to have what BMW shows in the manual
This software is a rapidly changing beast (thankfully) so to have a paper version updated like that is impractical I imagine. There are updated online versions that I understand show all the latest. The one I checked worked as displayed for me.

·
Registered
2019 R1250rt
161 Posts
Not really. The TFT software for RT was released with the 2021 Model and so far has had only one update for fixing connectivity issues. Only new feature added was the programmable buttons. The images I put in the original post were from the most recent rider manual (PDF) downloaded from BMW Motorrad's website - not the paper version
My apologies. I missed your initial point.

·
Registered
2019 R1250rt
161 Posts
It only shows both when your low fuel light is on. I would like it to work like in your picture but mine doesn't.
Yes I finally got to see his yesterday.
For me generally I have the Kms remaining showing. That's the key bit of info I need on a trip (can be 80-100kms between fuel stops).
I don't need to see the bars. Other than a visual thing it doesn't mean anything (for me)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts