BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Kenny, I bring this out every so often. I too got stopped before it went over but I did it on my first ride with this group. I was also 2 UP with Susan and dunped her into the middle of the highway. If I had been by myself with no friends watching, I may have kept it to myself and just dusted myself off and kept going. Glad you were not hurt or run over.

Reactions: hschisler

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Kenny, I bring this out every so often. I too got stopped before it went over but I did it on my first ride with this group. I was also 2 UP with Susan and dunped her into the middle of the highway. If I had been by myself with no friends watching, I may have kept it to myself and just dusted myself off and kept going. Glad you were not hurt or run over.

That's always a sick feeling. Yep was there too!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Renee and I made it home safe but we had a little glitch....

Going back we decided to take the Dragons tail and head out to 411. Well things were going well while on the Dragons tail until about 3/4 of the way through. I was pulling my trailer and I had Renee on the back so I was taking it easy through the tail. When traffic came up behind me I would pull off and let them go by as much as I could. Well, at one point I found I was holding up two bikes and a sports car so I looked for a pull off. I didn't know this until it was too late, but the pull off I found was narrow and the pavement was uneven and it dropped off about 4 inches onto the dirt. I was braking hard when I pulled off and I had the handlebars cut to the left when I came to a stop and yep, you guessed it, my LT decided it was nap time. There we go off the left side into the lane of traffic. We both rolled off the bike and fortunately the bikers behind me saw me pulling over and got by me before I fell so they didn't hit Renee and myself and thankfully the girl in the car behind me saw it unfold and she avoided us also. She was nice enough to stop and help us pick the bike up and check on us, (y) to her for that. I forgot the cardinal rule about braking and cutting the handlebars while using the front brake. Nothing was hurt except my pride, especially since this all happened right in front of 129photos.com. This happened at 4/18/2021 11:37 if you want to look it up.

I also learned I am going to have to ignore any pressure from someone behind me from now on. I wont be jumping off the road like that anymore just so they can get by. Worrying about them made me make poor decisions about my riding. From now on they can just ride at LT speeds or they can pass me on the double yellow.

I just hate that my wife's first trip on the Dragon resulted in a spill. I'm just glad we weren't hurt and I had came to a stop before we went over.

The pride is still stinging :p

We both had a good time and will be back next year, maybe in the fall too.
Glad that you all are ok; pull over when you can but never put yourself at risk!

61 - 64 of 64 Posts