BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Gretchen and I have reservations as Pisgah INN for 4 April 15th at 11:30. Need two people to join us.
I will join you if we can find another single like Dave Ohler but haven't heard from him if he will be able to meet that time from PA

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
I will join you if we can find another single like Dave Ohler but haven't heard from him if he will be able to meet that time from PA
You would be welcome to join us even if it's just three. So it looks like we have room for one other at pisgah.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I saw Dave Ohler on the list but arriving on the 15th so I don't know if he will make the 15th lunch meet coming from PA. If so, we can team up with Zippy and Kathy for a 4-some or I can tag onto a 4some +1.
my plan is to leave after work on the 14th and make it to Roanoke. Easy ride to the inn for lunch on the 15th.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
my plan is to leave after work on the 14th and make it to Roanoke. Easy ride to the inn for lunch on the 15th.
OK Dave, you would fill out the foursome for Mike, Gretchen and me. Look forward to seeing you there. Waiting for the next reservation of four for 11:30.

Table 1, Dave S, Margo, Debra and Lee

Table 2, John, Jean, Howard and Lisa

Table 3, Mike, Gretchen, Gordon and Dave O

Table 4??

Who else is going?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Just made reservations for Al and Jan

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Pisgah lunch roster reservations April 15 11:30 AM

Table 2, John, Jean, Howard and Lisa

Table 4, Al, Jan, +2

Table 5,

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I may be having rotator cuff surgery around then
OOOO! I'm sorry to hear that, Brett! I had that in April of '17. Once it's done, follow the advice of the docs to the letter. When PT (Physical Terrorism) starts, follow that too. It'll hurt like H-E-double hockey sticks, but it will get you back to full use.

Reactions: pkpr1998

·
Registered
617 Posts
Pisgah lunch roster reservations April 15 11:30 AM

Table 2, John, Jean, Howard and OPEN seat

Table 4, Al, Jan, Gilles, Kathy

Table 5,

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
2021 STC attendance at IHML:

Al and Jan Strickland: arrive 15th depart 18th
Howard Schisler: arrive Wed, April 14 depart Sun, April 18
Gordon Cox and Susan Beals. Arrive Wed Apr 14 ( Susan Thur 15th) Depart Sun 18
John and Jean Zeiler arrive 14 April and depart 18 April
Lee Wilson and Debra Kennedy: arrive 15th depart 18th
Dave Oehler - Apr 15th - Apr 18th
Dave Selvig April 15th - 18th
Kenny & Renee Hooton arrive late on the 16th ( vacation was denied) depart 18th ( updated - No rooms were left at the Iron horse for this weekend so we staying at a B&B 5 miles away, )
Jim and Penny Moore will arrive on April 14, depart on April 18th.
Gilles and Kathy. Arrive on Thursday 15 (Tax Day) and depart on Sunday 18

• I will be attending by myself this time -- Lisa can't make it.
  • JOHN -- this leaves a spot open at your table for lunch on Thursday.
  • LEE WILSON -- call me. I may have such a deal for you. (or anyone who has Lee's # and mine, please send my # to Lee)

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
I have connected with Lee. Thanks, Dave!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Kenny, sorry I missed you at Ironhorse Friday evening, we were in a back room for dinner. Hope you make it back over on Saturday, we will be looking for you.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Safe at home. Made it just after 1230 CDT. Sure was good to see everyone again and share some new stories. See you all again next April.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Susan and I are also safe at home. Looking forward to October for more of the same with the best people I know.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Lisa and I were home just before 7:00 pm ET today. Weather was fine; there was a long delay north of Knoxville on I-75 for crash cleanup. Mike & Gretchen Nahas passed on 129 outside Knoxville.
It was good to see all of you; I wish I had done a better job of reconnecting with some of you. We can do that in October.

PS: Gordon - MY WIFE SAVED MY A$$!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Lisa and I were home just before 7:00 pm ET today. Weather was fine; there was a long delay north of Knoxville on I-75 for crash cleanup. Mike & Gretchen Nahas passed on 129 outside Knoxville.
It was good to see all of you; I wish I had done a better job of reconnecting with some of you. We can do that in October.

PS: Gordon - MY WIFE SAVED MY A$$!
Did Michael and Gretchen get back home ok or did they break up their trip?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Great time. Big Thanks to john z and all that make happen. Very good catch up everyone. made home in 11 hours rolling off 695 miles. 34° on rt 74 this am. D
Got to see the bikes ice warning and icon!❄

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Debra and I got home at 1:30 yesterday afternoon. We stopped for lunch/gas in Asheville, no big rush to get home. I have always enjoyed the events with friends who are family at the Iron Horse, but this one will go in the books as one of my favorites. It was great spending time with everyone and catching up. Great weather, great riding, and being around a great group of people. Who could ask for anything more? Well, maybe more days to do it in! There's that!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Renee and I made it home safe but we had a little glitch....

Going back we decided to take the Dragons tail and head out to 411. Well things were going well while on the Dragons tail until about 3/4 of the way through. I was pulling my trailer and I had Renee on the back so I was taking it easy through the tail. When traffic came up behind me I would pull off and let them go by as much as I could. Well, at one point I found I was holding up two bikes and a sports car so I looked for a pull off. I didn't know this until it was too late, but the pull off I found was narrow and the pavement was uneven and it dropped off about 4 inches onto the dirt. I was braking hard when I pulled off and I had the handlebars cut to the left when I came to a stop and yep, you guessed it, my LT decided it was nap time. There we go off the left side into the lane of traffic. We both rolled off the bike and fortunately the bikers behind me saw me pulling over and got by me before I fell so they didn't hit Renee and myself and thankfully the girl in the car behind me saw it unfold and she avoided us also. She was nice enough to stop and help us pick the bike up and check on us, (y) to her for that. I forgot the cardinal rule about braking and cutting the handlebars while using the front brake. Nothing was hurt except my pride, especially since this all happened right in front of 129photos.com. This happened at 4/18/2021 11:37 if you want to look it up.

I also learned I am going to have to ignore any pressure from someone behind me from now on. I wont be jumping off the road like that anymore just so they can get by. Worrying about them made me make poor decisions about my riding. From now on they can just ride at LT speeds or they can pass me on the double yellow.

I just hate that my wife's first trip on the Dragon resulted in a spill. I'm just glad we weren't hurt and I had came to a stop before we went over.

The pride is still stinging :p

We both had a good time and will be back next year, maybe in the fall too.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I'm glad you weren't injured. Pride heals quickly.

Reactions: hschisler
41 - 60 of 64 Posts