BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Thank you for those pics and info.

That is a game changer there. Once that part number is out you wont find those for a year :)

• Haha
Reactions: JRT

·
Registered
167 Posts
That is a game changer there. Once that part number is out you wont find those for a year :)
That dash set up is the main reason I spent a couple of months searching for, and rode from Tampa to Albuquerque, to purchase my leftover 2020 RT in April. Functional but ... :unsure:

Tom

·
Registered
2021 BMW R1250RT
61 Posts
Thanks BMWbkman! It's interesting as it looks like they have a few different bracket types. I'm not real keen on that big hole in the top....i wonder if that headlight fairing area is water tight to start with. I need to take a look at the bike.

·
Premium Member
2021 RT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Stay tuned, the guy who came up with this is going to make a bracket that will be easier to install with instructions including the wiring. As soon as they have it I will post the contact information. Otherwise the install is pretty complicated including rotating the radio antenna, finding the right wires for the nav so it will power up and power down, etc.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Congratulations on a nice RT. I always wonder why companies like BMW that do so much research along with R&D don't sort out simple issues like phone integration, a decent stereo, and a navigation system that is truly integrated. All of the GT, GTL`S, B series, and RT have had a crap stereo and speaker systems since day one by now you would think they would have that sorted by just listening to their customer base and feedback along with making the whole thing simple to work without having engineers degree. :unsure: I love the brand and for the money, they cost they should be a whole lot better. I understand the latest RT`s have improved in so many ways but in other ways, you sometimes have to be a rocket scientist or tech-savvy.
Enjoy your new ride I know as so many others around the world know you are on one of the best bikes being produced with fantastic handling and speed etc. Enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
853 Posts
TO ALL FOLLOWING THE BRACKET ON BMWBkman 's bike:

I recently spoke with the guy who designs and makes this bracket (for the RT-P) and he says he is working on making one that would be much easier to install and Garmin-craddle-friendly. Really neat guy and he also rides which makes a lot of difference when you talk with him about ergonomics

Here is an email he wrote me back which pretty much summarizes our conversation. I am gonna wait for the user-friendly bracket he is making for the '21/s

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for reaching out. Not sure which bracket you are referring to, other than perhaps the TFT display mount (there are several). I spoke with a dealer yesterday about the same subject – he mounted a BMW Navigator using the Stalker DSR bracket. Though I worked, I think we can make a more elegant solution. We will design a new bracket to hold the GPS with the TFT display.

Best regards,

Frank Stevens
FMS Solutions, LLC

629 S Pokeberry Pl
Saint Johns, FL 32259-5438

C: 201-264-8365
F: 201-590-1115

[email protected]
www.fmsaccessories.com

21 - 30 of 30 Posts