BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 RT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum but a long time BMW/Ducati owner. Just picked up my option 719 RT and had the dealer mount my Nav VI above the TFT. Using the cradle it works well, wonderwheel obviously does not.

Having the music replay issues with my iPhone others have reported. Hope that gets resolved, otherwise love the bike.

·
Registered
2021 R1250RT LE
25 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Some very nice 719 additions and an great colour choice. I wish you lots of happy miles. What engine bars have you installed? Cheers.

·
Premium Member
5,675 Posts
Welcome and congratulations! I am fairly sure that you will love the RT!

Reactions: Geoff c

·
Registered
19 Posts
Beautiful bike! The project 19 looks super on your white bike. The 719 cylinder covers on a white bike look awesome! Well done.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Could you post the pic of your mount?

I am very curious as to me that is a great addition to the bike.

I am sure you can use the TFT mounts and a backer plate just curious what you did?

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I think half of the forum really wants to see how this nav is mounted and are patiently waiting for pictures LOL. I know I would like to see this as I'm very curious about mounting my Zumo XT there.
Well if it was me, that TFT is attached to something bracket wise behind the headlight. I would pull the headlight and see. But I would have a cradle and some aluminum flat stock before I started. If I could mount a plate I could mount the cradle. Maybe pull the speaker cover and look around first?

Reactions: Geoff c

·
Premium Member
2021 RT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I spoke to my dealer and the mount is made in Germany and used on Police RTs for mounting radar. They had to rotate the radio antenna 180 degrees and made a minor dash modification to install the bracket. The bottom edge of the Navigator rests right against the top edge of the dash. I waiting to get the exact part number but apparently the bracket is designed for the bike.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I spoke to my dealer and the mount is made in Germany and used on Police RTs for mounting radar. They had to rotate the radio antenna 180 degrees and made a minor dash modification to install the bracket. The bottom edge of the Navigator rests right against the top edge of the dash. I waiting to get the exact part number but apparently the bracket is designed for the bike.
Can you post a picture?

·
Registered
2021 BMW R1250RT
61 Posts
Oh that looks good. That bracket is made right for it and my Zumo XT would bolt right up to that bolt pattern, but it's a little taller then that Nav IV so I might have to fiddle with it. If you could get the part# that would be great. I need call the dealer and see what they can find out, but after seeing this I bet any 90° piece of medal can be mounted there unless the bottom piece is rolled semi-circular.

Thank you kind sir for the pictures!

·
Registered
2021 BMW R1250RT
61 Posts
The bracket part number? I see text on the GPS, but not the bracket.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts