BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
With sales tax (6.5% included), freight, paperwork I have an OTD price of $27,998. I have one dealer at $400 less, but I think he forgot something in his total, plus he's 500 miles away. The total includes $500 off as a MOA member.

$20,000 for the base bike, which you probably can't even get for months, $550 for the blue paint option, $5500 for the Premium Pkg which checks off most of the things on the option list. This is with the standard seat.

Dealers tell me the first few months, it'll be this this way. Later you can "build" it yourself with different seats, bars, other things from the options list. And some dealers are claiming they don't yet know the prices because it hasn't been released yet in the USA. I call BS on that.

I'm on the wire about doing this because of no deals, full list for everything. The big question is whether I'll ride enough in 2021 to justify it. I've still got my GTL and there's nothing wrong with it. Just wanted a smaller bike since I'm solo 99% of the time.

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #163

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
What’s the full list with the premium package? I’d probably get the blue - I like my blue 2015
I ordered the blue with the premium package, and that came to $26,390

·
Registered
38 Posts
Vet-Racer,

Thanks for that real world dealer pricing information as well as the additional information you have provided. My interest was in what will actually be available in the near term which you have provided in detail. I appreciate that!

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #168 (Edited)
Is that OTD price with sales tax and paperwork (freight, doc fees)? If so, great price.
Not at all. That's just the price as configured. My dealer usually give me a $1,000 discount on new bikes, and so I will expect to see that. Dealer preps and so on should be pretty much the same at any dealers, while sales tax here is fairly high at 8%. They might be interested in buying my '15 RT, and if I can get a fair price, I will go with that, otherwise I will be asking them to sell my bike for me on consignment. Those are the things that we have to hash out yet, but I had placed my order anyway.

PS: I think that I walked in to see the sales guy last week (Monday) when I believe that he was on the phone with you! Were you talking to Joe about perhaps getting a 2020 RT and see what BMW comes up with for deals when the stop-sales is over?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well (in the UK) the launch date for the 2021 R1250RT is apparently 6th March. My dealer has got a blue one and mine has finished production and is in shipping to Northern Ireland, I should be able to pick it up on the 6th March.

I will visit my dealer next Wednesday to have a fondle at their demo bike which is more or less the same as mine.

Got my first Covid jab three weeks ago and the second is due on the 8th April, I am looking forward to a more normal year.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm on the wire about doing this because of no deals, full list for everything.
That's the price of being one of the first in line. It boils down to how much you really want it. For me, I was ready for a new bike. I had had my 2005R1200RT for nearly 14 years and I was ready. I got the very first 2019 R1250RT delivered in the state of Texas. No discounts. Was it worth it? For me, yes. Because I got it early I was able to take some nice trips before most people even had their bikes. And my wife said I deserved it 😁

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Fwi went to my local dealer trying get pricing on a 21 model and got no where...
Motorrad USA is still not accepting any orders! You can get the pricing yourself by using the Configurator, and probability is very high that you will NOT get any discount from your dealer! That is more the norm.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Motorrad USA is still not accepting any orders! You can get the pricing yourself by using the Configurator, and probability is very high that you will NOT get any discount from your dealer! That is more the norm.
Yeah but unless Im missing something you can get a base model with some 719 bits or the premium package with nothing in between....

JJ

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Yeah but unless Im missing something you can get a base model with some 719 bits or the premium package with nothing in between....

JJ
That's about the size of it! They have much better choices in the UK, based on what I had seen on their Configurator. I would prefer to get mine without the aux. LED lights, since I have my Clearwater that I took off my present '15RT. I don't know if the dealer could help, but I didn't think it worth it. Now, I understand what you are trying to do. You should keep at the dealer if you want something different, but I don't think that they will be able to give you any answers until Motorrad USA starts accepting orders! Did you ask them to get back to you?

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's about the size of it! They have much better choices in the UK, based on what I had seen on their Configurator. I would prefer to get mine without the aux. LED lights, since I have my Clearwater that I took off my present '15RT. I don't know if the dealer could help, but I didn't think it worth it. Now, I understand what you are trying to do. You should keep at the dealer if you want something different, but I don't think that they will be able to give you any answers until Motorrad USA starts accepting orders! Did you ask them to get back to you?
Yes, but I’m not opposed to a discounted 20 model. Just thought I might be able order a 21 the way I want it for less...

JJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
They’re replacing all the Hayes calipers with Brembos at my dealer. They told me that production stopped for the whole of Jan - not sure if that was supply problems or what but my guess is that RTs made before Jan and arriving now will have Hayes fitted and ones built after the break will have Brembos.
I placed my order in January and expect to get it in March in Quebec.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you get a build date? It’ll be interesting to see what callipers it arrives with (obvs they’ll just put Brembos on at the dealer if it arrives with Hayes).

March is coming up soon - you must be getting excited! When does the riding season start in Quebec?

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Just watched this on YouTube - more detailed features of the new RT:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you get a build date? It’ll be interesting to see what callipers it arrives with (obvs they’ll just put Brembos on at the dealer if it arrives with Hayes).

March is coming up soon - you must be getting excited! When does the riding season start in Quebec?
The season starts when winter tires are no longer require - March 15 - if roads are without snow :)

161 - 180 of 197 Posts