BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

141 - 160 of 197 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
I just recently learned of Sills (like last week). Before that I was talking to BMW of Cleveland. What are your gripes with them? I've got a quote from a local (30 minutes away) BMW dealer, but they never discount anything. Nice people though, but in this price range a few percent cheaper is a LOT of money. Got anyone you would recommend talking to at Sills?
You should get $500 off at Sill's as a new customer, while I will get $1,000 off. BMWOC is very rigid and you won't even get a penny off. The problem with BMWOC is their service department. I do my own servicing, and therefore don't need either Sill's nor BMWOC, but there was a member of this forum who took his RT for servicing at BMWOC and the service tech had damaged his pannier lid, and tried to deny it. At the end, after some proving, they agreed and tried to get the lid repainted, but it was done very badly! I know the story to be true, because many months after the event was reported here, I was at both dealerships (BMWOC and Sill's) to buy the '14 RT, and in talking with the owner of BMWOC, it came out that he was looking for a source for good painter. I don't recall what I had said to lead up to that statement.

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
The literature I could find lists phones up to the Samsung Galaxy S9 (148mm x 69mm x 8.5mm) as being able to be charged by USB so possibly the plus size phones could fit in the compartment without that extra space being taken up by cables and adaptors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
It should be mentioned also that there is a wireless charger inside that compartment as standard equipment!

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I noticed it's pretty much order it with everything or nothing. I guess that's the new business model.
That seems to be how it's configured here in the US, but if you take a look at what they have for the UK crowd, you will find it to be very much more flexible.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It should be mentioned also that there is a wireless charger inside that compartment as standard equipment!
Yes, that’s why I thought it was noticeable that BMW specifically listed phone models that would fit WITH plug in charging. It gives some hope that larger phones will fit. Really - it’s a big part of the ‘21 RT’s main selling point. If you can’t fit your phone in the designated storage area on the bike that you need to run the new tft GPS it’s a bit of a goof!

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Just saw this on YouTube! 2021 RT outside of the factory!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Also, have you noticed the RT TFT startup screen doesn’t get the fancy model graphic like the GS, RS, S, R models? Just the generic BMW “ride your life”.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey great find, David. I was concerned I hadn’t see any of those gps options (skip waypoint, alternate route etc) from the tft screen so cheers for sharing that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So its getting closer, dealer rang me and said they had just received a blue one. They say its not mine, its for them to demo, not so sure about that. Anyway, they have invited me to go and drool and paw over it next week. I have asked them to confirm a delivery date and they are looking at that now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Notice it still has the BMW branded brakes fitted...

The two videos posted from the UK show the new RTs with Hayes brakes as well. What in the heck is going on with the front brake situation? They are replacing Hayes with Brembo here in the US but still rolling new bikes off the line with Hayes?

·
Registered
31 Posts
They’re replacing all the Hayes calipers with Brembos at my dealer. They told me that production stopped for the whole of Jan - not sure if that was supply problems or what but my guess is that RTs made before Jan and arriving now will have Hayes fitted and ones built after the break will have Brembos.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does anyone have an actual price for a fully configured 2021 bike that they can share?

All of my searches come up empty for the detail I’m after.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've gotten prices from 4 dealers at this point. But what details are you specifying? I'm getting the blue, the Premium Pkg (all you will be offered anyhow), no top case, nothing else. Dealers are saying that it will be April or May before they can really even accept a "custom" order, maybe later. These bikes are going for full list, no deals.

141 - 160 of 197 Posts