BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

121 - 140 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Our friends in the UK have been able to order one for more than a couple of months now! Nobody has told me this, but I strongly suspect that the reason why we cannot place an order for a 1250RT with BMW, here in the US, is because of the "Stop Sales" order (probably) still in effect because of the leaking front calipers on the 1250s!
Yes we have that up here as well. The replacement Brembo callipers are slowly starting to arrive so one or two bikes have been retrofitted and sold here. Presumably BMW stopped production of the RT with other boxers when they dropped Hayes and started again when they had supply chains re-established. It’ll be interesting to see if the first ones to arrive come with Brembos already fitted or needing to be swapped by the dealers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sweet! Me too. It’s always a roll of the dice until you get to actually see a bike ‘in real life’ when they haven’t used that colour before but it sure looks like it suits the bike so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Yes we have that up here as well. The replacement Brembo callipers are slowly starting to arrive so one or two bikes have been retrofitted and sold here. Presumably BMW stopped production of the RT with other boxers when they dropped Hayes and started again when they had supply chains re-established. It’ll be interesting to see if the first ones to arrive come with Brembos already fitted or needing to be swapped by the dealers.

The difference is that it's a legal matter down here, with the Fed being involved.

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Is that blue color glossy, or is it like a matte blue?
Good question! I had assumed it to be glossy, but looking at that picture again, and there is a valid question there! OTOH, the side view picture that I have printed out seems to show glossy.

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
David - it looks like you are going to get yours first, and I would like to make sure that you post your opinions as soon as you get a chance, especially to do with the GPS! I had ordered the same bike as yours, and I am still hoping that it will arrive to be in my hands by the end of March or early April. Much earlier than that, and I won't be able to ride it. I refuse to ride while there are still salt on the roads.

Reactions: DavidMcK

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good question! I had assumed it to be glossy, but looking at that picture again, and there is a valid question there! OTOH, the side view picture that I have printed out seems to show glossy.
If you take a look at the YouTube link I posted earlier you can see if definitely is a gloss finish. If it had a chance of being matte I’d cancel my order in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Thanks Gordie. I think that I have viewed every single YouTube video on the 2021 on the net already!! ;) I had always assumed that it is glossy, and so never paid close attention to them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Oops! That’s embarrassing, especially as I have Norwegian relatives!

I think I was just so excited to find it.

I ordered mine fairly early on (blue, loaded) and my top box (color matched) has arrived should see the bike soon too. Oh I am in Canada also.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That’s great to hear. Post a photo of the top box if you get a chance. I can’t wait to hear how the gps via your phone works out vs the BMW Nav unit.
How long ago did you place your order?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mineral white metallic? Does the trunk have the blue pinstripes on it as well?
Just couldn’t bring myself to spend that much extra but I’m sure the bike will look amazing. At least you could get a good look at the launch video.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I’m really interested to hear if iPhone users having the Plus or Max models can put the phone in the right cubby. I couldn’t get my phone to fit on the 2017 RT I had, so I don’t know if that pocket has been lengthened.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have two dealerships here, one is almost literally just down the road, but I support the one that is about 12 miles away: Sill's Motor. They are very much better than the other one, BMW Motorcycle of Cleveland. I have already put down a deposit on a new 2021 RT, but apparently Motorrad USA isn't ready to accept orders just yet. Sill's will place my order as soon as the system comes online.
I just recently learned of Sills (like last week). Before that I was talking to BMW of Cleveland. What are your gripes with them? I've got a quote from a local (30 minutes away) BMW dealer, but they never discount anything. Nice people though, but in this price range a few percent cheaper is a LOT of money. Got anyone you would recommend talking to at Sills?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m really interested to hear if iPhone users having the Plus or Max models can put the phone in the right cubby. I couldn’t get my phone to fit on the 2017 RT I had, so I don’t know if that pocket has been lengthened.
The literature I could find lists phones up to the Samsung Galaxy S9 (148mm x 69mm x 8.5mm) as being able to be charged by USB so possibly the plus size phones could fit in the compartment without that extra space being taken up by cables and adaptors?

121 - 140 of 197 Posts