BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

421 - 440 of 443 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Dropped by my dealer today to pick up new gloves and boots. I bought 3 bikes from this place, and the Sales Manager’s a friend of mine (on Facebook anyway) Lol. Anyway, they’ve gotten 3 of the new 21 RTs so far, and sold 2 already. All 3 had the radio prep and no TPMS, but all could be retro-fitted later. He said that the radio equipped models could likely be ordered in June, with custom order options possibly taking an additional 3 months. That works okay for me as I’d put my current bike on consignment there, and that 3 months should be enough time to sell.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dealer called today and they have the TPMS retrofit bulletin. All parts are normally about $900 retail but per the bulletin from BMW parts are just $400 for these early bikes. Told them to order them and they should be here next week.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hooked up my GS911 today and it seemed to work until I tried to reset service reminder. Got a pop up that it doesn't work with this controller. I have a trouble ticket with Hexcode and they are trying to get a 2021 RT to work on this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went to the dealer last Saturday to get my 2014 serviced and I rode out on the Racing Blue Metallic 2021 R1250RT . Only have 250 miles on the bike so far. I love the cruise control but I guess I didn't do my due diligence on the TPMS. I found it hard to believe that BMW would supply a bike of this caliber with out that feature. I wrote them this morning, will post the results here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I went to the dealer last Saturday to get my 2014 serviced and I rode out on the Racing Blue Metallic 2021 R1250RT . Only have 250 miles on the bike so far. I love the cruise control but I guess I didn't do my due diligence on the TPMS. I found it hard to believe that BMW would supply a bike of this caliber with out that feature. I wrote them this morning, will post the results here.
Read above, BMW has a bulletin out for this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone having any luck getting the Service Manual CD? The owners manual is worthless for performing maintenance. Never seen a manual that at least doesn't cover the basics.

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #428 ·
I don't think that's out yet! I have the one for my wethead RT, and therefore won't be getting the new one, because as far as I can tell, all of the stuff for maintenance is pretty much the same, including valve clearance check! Don't let the shiftcam worry you, you will still check valve clearances the same way.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bike has got to go back to the dealer for the second time to fix an issue with the screen. The screen doesn't lower when the ingnition is turned off or rise to last position when I ride off. They tried a reset on the first service which seemed to work for a couple of times but has stopped again. They are contacting BMW for a solution as the standard one didn't work.
To be honest I don't mind, but if is supposed to do this I shall get it sorted.
Steve P

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bike has got to go back to the dealer for the second time to fix an issue with the screen. The screen doesn't lower when the ingnition is turned off or rise to last position when I ride off. They tried a reset on the first service which seemed to work for a couple of times but has stopped again. They are contacting BMW for a solution as the standard one didn't work.
To be honest I don't mind, but if is supposed to do this I shall get it sorted.
Steve P
Please see if there is a setting to leave it where it is and turn all that auto movement off. Unnecessary wear and tear on the motor in my opinion.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Please see if there is a setting to leave it where it is and turn all that auto movement off. Unnecessary wear and tear on the motor in my opinion.
Unfortunately, there isn't such an option. I think this is the same as with the last 3 RTs I have owned.

Steve P

·
Registered
29 Posts
Unfortunately, there isn't such an option. I think this is the same as with the last 3 RTs I have owned.

Steve P
You got yours to do it! Now how did that happen? 😄

·
Registered
55 Posts
It shouldn't :)

I have left the problem with the dealer ....... They are consulting with BMW.
I shan't be rushing to get it fixed😀

Steve P.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It shouldn't :)

I have left the problem with the dealer ....... They are consulting with BMW.
I shan't be rushing to get it fixed😀

Steve P.
Please let me know the cause if they tell you.

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #439 ·
You got yours to do it! Now how did that happen? 😄
The screen not going up is a known defect in other model RTs. It IS a defect that can be, and should be corrected.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The screen works perfectly using the switch. It just doesn't go down when the ignition is switched off, it stays in the last position.

421 - 440 of 443 Posts