BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update---Sirius satellite reception issue resolved by BMW --- I have been working with the dealer and BMW for three months to resolve the issue. On Tuesday, BMW recommended to move the actual antenna puck under the passenger seat on top of the radio module. Dealer did so and so far, I have perfect reception but, planning to test it with a passenger this Sunday.
Product Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Electronic device

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did they remove the antennae in the front under the windshield?

Or did they leave it and add a new one under your passenger seat?

Would be interesting to see what a passenger + top case does to the reception - i.e. are they just kicking the issue down the road or are they actually solving it...
They actually moved the antenna puck which is internal and not visible. I have the top case on and it does not affect the reception- have to test with passenger.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update---Sirius satellite reception issue resolved by BMW --- I have been working with the dealer and BMW for three months to resolve the issue. On Tuesday, BMW recommended to move the actual antenna puck under the passenger seat on top of the radio module. Dealer did so and so far, I have perfect reception but, planning to test it with a passenger this Sunday. View attachment 177942
Unfortunately, I completely lost reception once I tested it with a passenger. I advised the dealer on Monday and just received an email that BMW wants to try installing a new antenna. I do not have any further details- antenna is in Germany and two weeks out. I will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any update on the replacement antenna - tired of using XM Radio app on cell phone after paying $500 for a radio on the bike :(
Obviously I'd prefer a fix from BMW at no cost to me except for my time....
Sorry, forgot to update this forum- all was fine until I rode with my passenger and I completely lost signal ...BMW NA advised my dealer that they want to try a new antenna which I am still waiting for it to arrive..it's been two weeks now..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry, forgot to update this forum- all was fine until I rode with my passenger and I completely lost signal ...BMW NA advised my dealer that they want to try a new antenna which I am still waiting for it to arrive..it's been two weeks now..
Well, the new antenna finally arrived and installed and it was worse than the previous. At this point, I had them relocate it below the passenger seat and ask BMW for compensation. I am done with this 🙂.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, the new antenna finally arrived and installed and it was worse than the previous. At this point, I had them relocate it below the passenger seat and ask BMW for compensation. I am done with this 🙂.
This is a great solution posted on another forum.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts