BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
122 Posts
I thought about renewing my Jeep radio XM subscription and adding another to my R1250RT. Then it hit me, I'll just stream it from my phone's Sirius APP over Bluetooth to the bike/Helmet. Saving the money spent on two radio subscriptions.
I have both - app & XM aftermarket antenna. The advantage of having SXM subscription for the bike is that you can change channels directly via the TFT/wonderwheel while riding. If streaming via app, you can only change channels in the phone which in my case is always locked in the phone compartment

·
Registered
2021 R1250 RT
122 Posts
Ironic how BMW listened to riders who hated the radio antenna sticking out and hid it under the fairing. Of course, this is why XM reception no longer works.

I have a good friend who was all amped up to get a new RT with the TFT. Until he found out how BMW implemented the infotainment system. What does he have now? A 2020 Goldwing Tour DCT. He was a long time BMW owner. BMW's new TFT/Infotainment is so bad they are losing customers.
The XM signal has nothing to do with the new TFT - someone posted in another thread that XM signal works very well in the new R18 which has the same TFT as the RT. The antenna component or its positioning is to blame. There are also older threads in the forum related to previous RT models and complaining of XM signal issues - so issue was not introduced with the new model (nor fixed)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts