BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had exactly the same issue. No fix from BMW. In fact, they initially thought it was a "faulty" antenna and replaced it. No change or improvement. Ultimately, I was told the issue is interference from the metal windshield support. I bought a $20 dollar antenna on Amazon, and attached it to my top box. XM works flawlessly now!

Marc

·
Registered
22 Posts
I do indeed have a 2021 RT. My "job" took 3 min. Adhesive tape to attach new antenna to top box. I did have my dealer clean up the install. No no visible wires anywhere. It would be nice if BMW came up with an official "fix", but it is hard for me to complain now that I have flawless XM!

·
Registered
22 Posts
According to my dealer (Santa Fe, NM), the XM doesn't work because interference from the new metallic windscreen support. The old antenna you are speaking about was for AM-FM reception. I do not believe it had much to do with XM.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have both a '20 Goldwing DCT Tour and a '21 R1250RT. I love the RT, despite some issues with the navigation system. I got the XM working just fine in the RT with my above mentioned 'fix".
The Wing has XM and apple carplay. I put a Zumo XT on both! I cannot describe how much MORE I love the RT compared to the Wing, and I do really like the Wing! The RT is out of this world awesome to ride. No comparison.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts