BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2021 R1250 RT
225 Posts
Hi…. Just curious why you would do this? I have a 21’ 1250RT and while the BMW GPS takes abit to get used to using it’s pretty good.
If you're referring to the BMW Connected App, then there are about a dozen (or more) reasons (software bugs) why you might want to do this. Even though it has become somewhat more useful than it was when I picked up my 2019 GSA, the reliability of the Connected App remains suspect. For me it wasn't really stable enough to use until late 2020/early 2021. Combine all the software issues with the fact that people have issues with the charging (wireless), and the requirement that you have the take the bike into your dealer for TFT software updates, just pushes a significant number of people to get a Zumo XT or something better.

· Registered
2021 R1250 RT
225 Posts
On my RT, I have a combo USB jack and a 3.5mm audio port. A cheap Bluetooth receiver wouldn't take much power and could be powered by the USB. Then plugged into the 3.5mm headphone port. Allowing the reception of Bluetooth from the Zumo XT. At least that would be the theory.
SO I was asking if the newest RT has those same ports.
The newer RTs unfortunately do not have the 3.5mm port nor all the capabilities of the older USB ports. This happened at the same time they went to the TFT display I believe.

The older USB port not only provided power but also the ability to access MP3/audio tracks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts