BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
I have removed the mushroom. Remove the windshield. You need to remove both speaker covers and then both speakers. Remove both side panels careful not to brake the tabs. Remove the windshield metal lifting bracket by removing the clips from the four pins and pushing them out, top arms are spring loaded remove those pins first. Remove both front painted panels there is a push rivet you need to pop out and a screw behind the speaker and three on the sides. Remove the center section that has the mushroom on it. The mushroom can be unplugged from under this center panel and removing one screw under this panel frees the mushroom for removal. I unplugged the xm antenna connection from the radio and added a antenna I purchased on Amazon to the tail section of my bike. Mounted a GPS Garmin Zumo XT with a mount from FMS where the mushroom was. XM reception greatly improved and prefect place for the gps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
231 Posts
OMG Deserttan you are a life saver!! I followed your instructions and was able to easily mount my FMS mount for a GPS over the dash display. Just took maybe 2 hours and a lot of patience so as not to break those awful plastic tabs BMW is so fond of. I took a few pics and will post them as soon as I can. Members like you make these jobs possible in lieu of a service manual that those angry Germans refuse to sell me LOL. THANK YOU!!!
Glad it was helpful good feeling to know it was. By the way I couldn’t get your pictures to open.

· Registered
231 Posts
Connection advise please. 2022 RT with TFT and radio listening frequently to xm radio. I have a Sena 50s with the Garmin XT and IPhone 10. Can anyone with the same setup tell me the best configuration and procedure to connect all?

· Registered
231 Posts
All I want to do is get voice directions from the XT. I know I can’t connect both the TFT and the XT to the phone. Although I did see a UTube video that paired the Nav VI to the phone Bluetooth and the same phone paired to the TFT with WiFi. I tried connecting the XT with the second mobile phone pairing it made noises when it would try and speak but wasn’t clear when I was listening to the radio xm radio from the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts