BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
39 Posts
I have removed the mushroom. Remove the windshield. You need to remove both speaker covers and then both speakers. Remove both side panels careful not to brake the tabs. Remove the windshield metal lifting bracket by Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
OMG Deserttan you are a life saver!! I followed your instructions and was able to easily mount my FMS mount for a GPS over the dash display. Just took maybe 2 hours and a lot of patience so as not to break those awful plastic tabs BMW is so fond of. I took a few pics and will post them as soon as I can. Members like you make these jobs possible in lieu of a service manual that those angry Germans refuse to sell me LOL. THANK YOU!!!

· Premium Member
39 Posts
Follow Deserttan ‘s text instructions- hopefully these pics will help.
1. speaker cover screws
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

2. top panels: 2 bolts under front edge 1 inside behind speaker + "alt" bolt not req'd but makes it easier
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle

Bicycle part Automotive tire Wheel Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

3. Windshield pins: clips and tap out with drift. Note top and bottom pins are slightly different!
Automotive tire Wheel Tread Alloy wheel Gesture

· Premium Member
39 Posts
Continued...

4. Locations of all top panel bolts. 2 on "ears" have long shoulder bolts, which I marked. Rest are all the same
Car Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Hood Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design

5. Mushroom bolt remove. Sirius wire connector just unclips.
White Air gun Trigger Grey Line

6. Drill bolt locations and mark FMS mount hole for wiring
Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Automotive design Car Automotive exterior Vehicle door Gas

· Premium Member
39 Posts
part 3...

7. FMS mount in place and wire grommet installed. FMS supplies push pin type fasteners. I didn't trust longevity of those so replaced the top 2 with SS M6 bolts and nuts.
Wheel Tire Hood Vehicle Automotive tire

8. Pics of location of mount including RFI shield and the finished install. Just need to bolt on the GPS and run wiring.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Hood Output device Motor vehicle Bumper

· Premium Member
39 Posts
Where are you getting power for the Garmin, is there a power connector close by ??
i run all my auxiliary items completely separate from the main harness so no canbus issues nor any chance that a device could cause a failure in main power All devices are powered through an Arboreal Systems Neutrino power block. neutrinoblackbox.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts