BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
HEY, DID I TELL YOU THAT THE WEATHER FOR THIS COMING WEDNESDAY-SUNDAY IS GOING TO BE ALMOST PERFECT??????!!!!!!! :wave

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,022 Posts
My friend Ray is flying in from Michigan on Thursday & we are riding up & should be there around 6:30. Ray is riding my 2000 LT & I'll be on my 2004 LT. My 2004 turned 200,000 miles on it when I got home from work last week. Just finished full service & detailing on both bikes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I've been following this forum for about a year and a half now and you all have been great in helping me with getting to know my 2005 LT. I hope to meet some of you guys this weekend. I'll be coming up from Marietta GA Friday night and will be staying down the road at the Two-Wheel Inn. Saturday morning I'll meet other BMW Club of Georgia members for breakfast at the Inn.

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Be sure and come by the Ironhorse and say Hi.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does IH offer any home health care type personnel? Or retirement home liaisons? Something tells me they could be busy this weekend if that's the case.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Will do. Is there somewhere in the lodge where you all meet so I can find you easier?
We're in the main building at the end of the driveway for breakfast in the mornings and dinner in the evenings. I think breakfast begins at 7:30. Dinner at 6:30. The times could have changed slightly with the new ownership.

Reactions: saddleman

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
2019 Fall Color Updates
Here are our weekly Fall 2019 Updates, beginning September 3rd!

10/7/2019 Fall Color Update - Still GREEN!

The above update is from Blue Ridge Mountain Life, located in Maggie Valley, NC. Too warm to bring about color change.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Had anyone received a meal list yet?
IH told me they would email for a dinner, breakfast head count.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
They have for the past few years. I didn't get one this time. I called to make sure my reservation was still in place (they lost it one year) and to ask about the meal pages. They have had some computer issues and didn't get them sent out. No worries. We can sign up when we arrive.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Just fill it out when you get here they got behind on the mailings. We are here by the way, had a great ride up on the LT.

Reactions: saddleman

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mr J,
Are they cooking tonight? We're about to head out..

Looking like a perfect day for a long ride!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Yes they are but you are probably almost here by now.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Yes they are but you are probably almost here by now.
Hey!...since you are posting here, can I assume you folks all made it back to the Lodge OK? I really enjoyed meeting you and the group at the Pisgah Inn today! Lunch was great but the fellowship was the greatest! :smile:

Riding back down 276 toward Brevard there was hardly any traffic. Mid-week is the best time to ride these hills for us retired folks.:smile: It was a fun ride up and back down the mountain. I only encountered one school bus for a brief couple of miles near Flat Rock, NC. I parked back in my bike shed at about 3:40pm.

For me, today was a total 135 mile round trip.(You Iron Butt riders are free to roll your eyes) Pretty much perfect for an old geezer like me.:wink:

Hope all of you enjoy a terrific weekend of riding and a safe return home.:wave

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
It was good to meet you as well. Sounds like the new ramp worked out on the shed. Had a great ride back Ironhose and also ran into one school bus before we got off of 276 in Waynesville.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts

Yes the ramp works. But the style and gracefulness of the rider is questionable.:frown:

Sorry 'bout the back lighting of the photo but it was late in the day.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Hey!...since you are posting here, can I assume you folks all made it back to the Lodge OK? I really enjoyed meeting you and the group at the Pisgah Inn today! Lunch was great but the fellowship was the greatest! :smile:

For me, today was a total 135 mile round trip.(You Iron Butt riders are free to roll your eyes) Pretty much perfect for an old geezer like me.:wink:

Hope all of you enjoy a terrific weekend of riding and a safe return home.:wave
Marked safe from SMFR 2019. My favorite local ride is about 135 miles so no eye rolling from here. It was great to meet you up close and in person. I hope you re able to make it up again in April for Spring Training.

Reactions: zippy_gg

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Marked safe from SMFR 2019. My favorite local ride is about 135 miles so no eye rolling from here. It was great to meet you up close and in person. I hope you re able to make it up again in April for Spring Training.
You and the others made me feel very welcome. I was impressed by the friendship and friendly conversation. Everyone seemed to be having a great time.

The only "hitch" I had was on the return trip down the Smokey Mtn. Parkway, about 12 miles down, when a guy driving a SUV decided to pull out of one of the roadside parks across both lanes and then stop in the middle of the road.:surprise: I managed to assemble enough reflexes to miss him but it was certainly a reminder that "ALERT" should always be our default riding mode.

Today, I'm enjoying riding my reclining sofa, watching the rain (finally), and a little football. :smile:

Reactions: zippy_gg

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
We are also home safe with just under 750 total miles. Had some traffic snarls before and after Chattanooga and dropped down to US 41 to cruise by the river in peace. It was good to meet the new people and visit with the regulars. Hope everyone had a great time as you could not ask for better weather.

Just in case you are pondering it the dates for STC in April are 15-19 (Wed - Sun) and SMFR in October are 14 -18 (Wed - Sun). Since Ironhorse no longer holds blocks of rooms I suggest you book early. If you are a Vet they give a very good discount, just ask for it when you call. They will collect one nights deposit on booking and the balance 60 days out from the event. Things are wide open for both events ... for now.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
Made it home without issues, then again its only about 150 miles for us when we don't take a scenic detour.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts