BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any interest in returning to the IH this Fall? I tried to see if there was a thread already started but couldn’t find one.

I’ve got it in my head to try and take my S1000R into the twisties. Of course, with the ride from NY, it will be in the bed of my truck most of the way. :grin: Might even bring my camper with me to really make it interesting.

Thoughts?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,921 Posts
Yeah we are doing it again this year. The new owners don't want to list events as it may deter potential guests if they think a big group is there. Oct 10,11,12 this year.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Yeah we are doing it again this year. The new owners don't want to list events as it may deter potential guests if they think a big group is there. Oct 10,11,12 this year.
That's kinda 50/50 dumb idea! Not too smart, not too dumb!>:)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah NC.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Oct 10,11,12? Starts on a Thursday?

It's not 11,12,13?

Just need to be sure for planning. My SO works 7 on 7 off and it's difficult to swap.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Oct 10,11,12? Starts on a Thursday?

It's not 11,12,13?

Just need to be sure for planning. My SO works 7 on 7 off and it's difficult to swap.
Yep, Thur - Sat. Sun is a pack up and go home day. Some like me arrive on Wednesday and get settled in for 3 days of riding.

Reactions: pkpr1998

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well I just secured a deluxe private room for me and my deluxe sweetheart!
So it looks like I'll be meeting some of you ancient LT guys.. unless of course your children check you in to the nursing home before October!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,921 Posts
Wait until you see the Conestoga wagons he bought, calls it "glamping" everything (a/c, fridge, big bed) but running water (have to use the bath house). We stopped in there Tuesday while we were staying at Tapoco for a few days.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Wait until you see the Conestoga wagons he bought, calls it "glamping" everything (a/c, fridge, big bed) but running water (have to use the bath house). We stopped in there Tuesday while we were staying at Tapoco for a few days.
:wack:

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Conestoga wagons John has mentioned are actually pretty cool. They have everything but bathroom facility’s. Saw 4 going in to old camping areas.

The new owners are also installing a gas station on site.

Best,

Doc:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Gas station, not a bad idea.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,921 Posts
Hope it will be no-ethanol.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Since I now have no classes hindering me from the usual Thursday lunch at the Pisgah Inn, I'll be there around 11:30.:wave

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Since I now have no classes hindering me from the usual Thursday lunch at the Pisgah Inn, I'll be there around 11:30.:wave
Last year, we discussed meeting for lunch at the Pisgah Inn. But, if you recall we were under the influence/threats of rain bands from the remnants of a hurricane. I'm not a big fan of wet riding and stayed put. Also, if memory serves me right, the weekend turned out better than folks had hoped and those who made the voyage seemed to have a great time. (saw the video) So, once again, weather permitting, let's talk it up and see if we can make it happen. Depending on which short cut I take...it is less than 80 miles for me. I'm fortunate enough to be able to make it a "day" ride without the necessity of booking a room and an overnight stay. As always, I enjoy meeting forum participants and the fellowship seems to always be enhanced by being able to put a face with a name.

I have another hobby of belonging to a worldwide group of Studebaker drivers/collectors. Recently, in Maggie Valley, NC, we celebrated our 51st annual gathering there. My first meeting with this group was in 1975. Back then, I drove my (new to me) 1955 Studebaker pickup truck. 45 years later...A couple of weeks ago...I drove the same truck to this year's gathering. Some of the folks are like family. Others are new. In addition to the familiar faces from the Carolinas, Georgia, & Tennessee...we had folks show up from Indiana, Florida, Virginia, and Maryland. We too have a very active forum, and it has solidified and made our organization that much more enjoyable.

Just as in that group...I hope to someday meet some of you folks. Even if we don't make it happen...it's still fun to contemplate and discuss.

So...if you are so inclined, let's keep the discussion alive. Thursday, Oct. 10, around 11:30(ish)...a laid back informal parking lot meet & greet...then lunch!:smile::wave:bmw:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,921 Posts
In the fall it can be a 2 hour wait for a table if the leaf-peepers are active and are there in large quantities. Will wait and see.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
In the fall it can be a 2 hour wait for a table if the leaf-peepers are active and are there in large quantities. Will wait and see.
Don't know 'bout the hills where you live, but here in upstate SC it seems that we have had few days under 90 degrees in September and almost no rain! I'm seeing trees with foliage that would normally turn bright colors by this time of year, but instead, the leaves are withering, turning brown, and falling without the good colors. Not sure how much of a fall color spectacle we will have if we don't get some rain soon.

About the two hour wait...never all that bad if you have good company and great conversation while waiting.:smile:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,921 Posts
You may be right, the leaves are just dropping off here as the days have been way too hot. There may not be any leaves to peep by then, plus the food is great.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yep. And the trees are probably in dormant mode like the grass, no water uptake, might be shades of brown fall again, just like last time we had a drought.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts