BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
If you have not ridden Warwoman Road here's a good ride from Iron Horse. It's about 160 miles, have lunch at the Gazebo Creekside Cafe in Franklin.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,022 Posts
Friday for lunch I'm riding to the Smoky Mountain Dinner in Hot Springs. Leaving at 10:00 am. I'm taking it easy on this ride to enjoy the scenery.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Friday for lunch I'm riding to the Smoky Mountain Dinner in Hot Springs. Leaving at 10:00 am. I'm taking it easy on this ride to enjoy the scenery.
. Planning on pass thru on way home. May see you for lunch saddleman. Be there around 1245. Ken

Reactions: saddleman

·
Registered
171 Posts
It was nice meeting you Ken.
Very nice to meet you (and the other forum members) as well.
Appreciated your hospitality.
Our paths may cross again more often if the wife and I make the move to Spartanburg.

Regards, Ken

Reactions: pkpr1998

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,022 Posts
Another one in the bag. Here are some video highlights. I am wishing I took more pictures now. Oh well.

https://youtu.be/GYXPsZnceAI
I had to go to YouTube to watch it. When I click your link it says video unavailable.

Thanks for putting the video together I know how much work it is to edit it all into a video.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I had to go to YouTube to watch it. When I click your link it says video unavailable.

Thanks for putting the video together I know how much work it is to edit it all into a video.
I think I fixed it. Hope it now plays with a click.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
New link for the SMFR 2018 video with a couple additional pics added. The old one I deleted but can't edit the previous post to update the link.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I fixed it for you as I can edit any post.

Reactions: saddleman

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Thank you for posting the video, Gordon. That camera is something else.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Thank you for posting the video, Gordon. That camera is something else.
Ditto to that! Since I was not able to show up, the video provides a bit of vicarious participation. Some of the routes look familiar, but I doubt I look that calm and cool on my bike.

Great choice of background music. Not distracting or intrusive, just pleasant.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Ditto to that! Since I was not able to show up, the video provides a bit of vicarious participation. Some of the routes look familiar, but I doubt I look that calm and cool on my bike.

Great choice of background music. Not distracting or intrusive, just pleasant.
Wish you had been able to make it and join up with the group rides. I only took video on the second day over the Rattler to Hot Springs and the dragon the next day to Tellico. I had high hopes of using it on the parkway but Michael had other plans as you can see in the picture of Susan taking a picture into the grey infinity that was all we could see from the Pisgah Inn. We all are glad we didn't ride up that day as the rain was bad and the cross winds were worse and there was a fallen tree and leaves and debris everywhere. I also should have taken some on the Cherohola skyway to add to the overlook pics. Get your reservation for the BMW Tame the Dragon now or at least next years SMFR!

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Gordon, what a great video - thanks for taking the time to do that.

Is there a way to save that from YouTube? (not just the URL, the video itself)

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Gordon, what a great video - thanks for taking the time to do that.

Is there a way to save that from YouTube? (not just the URL, the video itself)
Howard, I don't know. I have heard of people ripping videos from Youtube but have never done it or researched how. The original video is 650MB, not sure what it is after processing by youtube but likely less as the quality suffers a little.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I use an app on my android phone to download YouTube videos. It is KeepVid. You copy the URL to the app and it downloads the video. The free version downloads a lower resolution but I think you can buy the app download a higher resolution.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

21 - 38 of 38 Posts