BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be able to pull clutch in while in 1st gear (like after gassing up) and start the bike. Now it does nothing. Have to put it in neutral, then it turns over and cranks. Assuming a sensor is gone bad but any ideas what I should check first?

Sammy

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 R1200RT
546 Posts
You've left one item out of the equation. Is your side stand up or down? If it's down, it will not crank unless in neutral. If in gear and side stand down, it won't crank, even with clutch pulled.

That being said, I had my clutch switch go out. I could spray some contact cleaner in it, that would last a week or so. But then I couldn't crank in gear with side stand up and clutch pulled. Replaced the switch last summer. Been fine since.

·
Registered
574 Posts
If your side stand it up and you still have this problem it is likely the microswitch up at the clutch. There is just one part to replace, but there are 2 versions available. If you don't have cruise control the part has a single microswitch. If you have cruise control the part has 2 microswitches and costs a little more. Be sure you get the right one.

Reactions: PadG and beech
1 - 4 of 4 Posts