BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year! The 2016 CCR web site is now open for registration. 2016 Home A few folks already found it and have registered without a hitch. . .so Dan Finazzo and Tom Gary are confident that everything is good to go; Ray Weber was first on board! Some details for you to consider: Bruce White recommended a charity to the CCR Executive Committee which endorsed his choice. The charity details are on the web site. A $25 rebate for first timers has been included on the registration page consistent with the Board of Directors' commitment to encouraging new attendees. The Wednesday get-acquainted breakfast will be partially subsidized by registration fees. The full cost is about $20 so with a CCR subsidy, the cost to attendees will be $10: sign-up for breakfast is required during registration. Once details are sorted out, a cooking demo will be added to the site. A dessert buffet is in the planning to run concurrent with the auction. . .like last year. Bruce White, the 2016 CCR Chair, has appointed a committee to work on an online merchandise ordering plan. When that is set, it too will be added to the web site. Announcements of things like the cooking class and the merchandise will provide good opportunities to bump interest in CCR. A CCR hang tag <acronym title="Google Page Ranking">PR</acronym> program is underway. . .the tags are printed and Jean Zeiler has a big batch to send out to the folks who offered to serve as CCR Ambassadors with the mission to visit dealers, clubs, and rallies around the country advertising our event. If you offered to be an Ambassador but have not heard from Jean yet, send her a note (However. . .she has been a bit occupied as John Z is currently getting some surgical adjustments to his back. . .best wishes to Z for a successful procedure and a quick recovery.) Notice has been sent to the RA and the MOA with event information for their web sites and magazines. Bruce is looking at special or optional activities and will announce them as they are sorted out. For starters, we are looking at a Thursday CCR visit to Hearst Castle. Tour Hearst Castle Online with Virtual Tours Picture a hundred CCR bikes all descending on the Hearst estate after a tour down the PCH! Information on hotel registration is now embedded in the web site. More details will be announced here and on the CCR site. Stay tuned. 2016 CCR, here we come.

<hr class="sig">

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Unfortunately you cannot drive/ride up to the estate. All visitors are bused up from the visitor's center and parking lot below. The ride up to the estate would be great because it is a twisty!

I had the privilege 30+ years ago to drive up to the "Castle" on business. The State of California was concerned about leaks through the clay tennis court roof over the indoor pool that was causing irreplaceable gold leaf ceiling tiles to fall into the pool or break on the tile around the pool. I was hired by the state architect to inspect the remediation of sealing 2" wide joints in the roof's concrete base that had a clay overlay. After proper preparation, a 2-part pourable construction sealant was installed over a compressible joint backer (foam rope) allowed to cure and the clay surfacing was reinstalled. It hasn't leaked since [to my knowledge].

I was given an inside tour and of one of the special storage bays were crated art objects were stored because there was no room in the current buildings to display them. Mr. Hearst had planned more expansion before his death.

It's a great visit but I'd suggest making a reservation. They can only handle a specific number of visitors each tour and day. This also applies to Alcatraz if you go north to San Francisco which is a easy ride from Monterey especially north on the PCH! Stop at Nephenthe for a great view and lunch when you approach Carmel.

In a past life, I lived in CA for 20 years. :bmw:

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
We just registered for the CCR. It was all very easy to do. Although the confirmation email we received said:

"If you ordered an Attendee Registration - you can expect an event registration confirmation email within a few days. This email will contain your Hotel Reservation Code with instructions for obtaining your Hotel Reservation. Please wait for the email . . . Also note that only the Hotel directly can accept your reservation code - the best way to contact the Hotel directly is to call during normal business hours."

However, since the hotel has an online registration page set up specifically for CCR attendees, we were able to reserve our room without having a registration code. It did not even ask for one. The price per night is $159.00 + tax for the king room. Just click on "Hotel Reservations" on the CCR 2016 home page to reserve your hotel room at the CCR rate.

That is two registrations from Oregon, how about the rest of you guys! :wave

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Ditto! :bmw::bmw:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
Yes that is an artifact of the auto reply e-mail from the registration handler. Guess we missed that.

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
Uh - that "old notice" would be an error on my part :(

Programming the site once a year - senior moments occur all the time.

But let's move on - the Thank You Notice has been corrected . . .

and please send me, any other BOD member or post a notice here for any spellings, bad grammar and any other site inconsistencies you may find.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Ok, where is the CCR Home Page? It ain't like I haven't been on this site for over 12 years!:surprise:

·
Registered
3,722 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
...."in scenic Monterey, California", about a half day's ride for me... (Just occurred to me that you didn't click on the "2016 Home" blue hi-lited link in my reply that takes you to the CCR web page.)

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Thanks, where is it located BTW?
Having a senior moment here Brett?
Aren't you supposed to fly out to Burbank with the Missus and borrow one of our cars are we planned during CCR 2015? 0:)

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Hello Guys, I think Brett is asking why there is no link to the CCR homepage on this site? It should be prominently displayed on every page of this site.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Hello Guys, I think Brett is asking why there is no link to the CCR homepage on this site? It should be prominently displayed on every page of this site.
EXACTLY!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In blue, first line of first post. 2016 Home

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
In blue, first line of first post. 2016 Home
Well I checked that too and was not directed to the CCR Home Page; anyway we have decided to do something else this year so we will not be attending CCR.

Gonna actually do a special anniversary vacation this year that will include a little hiking (I need a GS for that though!) and a very quiet get away.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Gonna actually do a special anniversary vacation this year that will include a little hiking (I need a GS for that though!) .
So what I am "hearing" here is that you want a second bike...!>:)

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Well I checked that too and was not directed to the CCR Home Page; anyway we have decided to do something else this year so we will not be attending CCR.

Gonna actually do a special anniversary vacation this year that will include a little hiking (I need a GS for that though!) and a very quiet get away.
Well, hope to see you on the road elsewhere then, we didn't want to go way out west twice in a row also.

·
Registered
610 Posts

Brett and Michael... I hate that we won't see you and your brides at CCR this year 😥. Will you be at Ironhorse in April?

Reactions: mwnahas

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Doc

My wife, Rina Ferraccioli, won a Free 2016 registration last year as a door prize, I was wondering how we go about registering her?

Thanks

Randy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts