BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 10 years, the chrome 'beltline' and windshield covers are shot. My googling thusfar has shown the existance of one, right side, windshield cover...I'm looking at what I want for christmas and that's as good an excuse as any to replace these parts...but the Beemerboneyard is sold out, and I'm not exactly sure what the official designation is for the chrome parts that seperate the top and bottom panels covering the motor.

Where does the modern, discerning, LT owner go to get these four pieces these days? CAN a modern, discerning LT owner sill but them, or am I left with an ugly windshild and epoxying the peeling plastic chrome of the parts I still have?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
If those pieces aren't broke. The PO of my LT painted the beltline trim flat black. It looks good. He did it in place too.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
Windshield covers : 46 63 2 347 301 COVERING LEFT - CHROM 0.07 1 $39.32
46 63 2 347 302 COVERING RIGHT - CHROM 0.07 1 $39.32

Engine cover (as you called it) :46 63 7 651 111 MOULDING ROCKER PANEL FRONT LEFT - CHROM 0.46 1 $146.34
46 63 7 651 112 MOULDING ROCKER PANEL FRONT RIGHT - CHROM 0.46 1 $146.34

Real good link here BMW parts.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jzeiler, I'll reach out to them!

Jame216 the windshield trim has disintegrated, as is the left rocker panel, no paint will fix that! :D

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Ahhh. Then its gotta be replaced.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the windshield chrome I could sell you through PayPal and ship it to you if you like .... I am actually parting out a whole bike that had 8k on it

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In my case, the plastic underneath was broken, which led to the chrome delaminating.

The left ebay rocker panel was perfect, the right had a stress crack where you can't see it, but that piece on my bike is in good shape, so between the four parts, I have a complete set.

Gaugefix PM sent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts