BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i always thought i could hold my own with electronics BUT....
I was able to sync the Garmin Nav V, with my new Sena. My IPhone paired fine as well to the Sena.

The issues:
When using the gps to the sena, the volume is way to loud. Or my playing music from my iphone is way to low. I looked all over on the Nav 5 for loudness the only adjustment is mute or not. On the wheel sttings nothing for the gps. When i lower the volume on the wheel and the bars go down it has no effect?

2. The aux when i plug into from my iphone to the aux plug and point to the aux on the SAC wheel, i still have no music even out of the speakers. .

3. The USB pointing too yeilds no music as well to my sena or out my speakers. .

I find no help in the manuals of the Nav5, nor the RT manual on the above.
Insights from any audio Yodas is very appreciated.
Jumper.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ok, i always thought i could hold my own with electronics BUT....
I was able to sync the Garmin Nav V, with my new Sena. My IPhone paired fine as well to the Sena.

The issues:
When using the gps to the sena, the volume is way to loud. Or my playing music from my iphone is way to low. I looked all over on the Nav 5 for loudness the only adjustment is mute or not. On the wheel sttings nothing for the gps. When i lower the volume on the wheel and the bars go down it has no effect?
Have you tried adjusting the volume of each of these inputs using the Sena's thumb wheel? The Sena is suppose to remember these settings.

2. The aux when i plug into from my iphone to the aux plug and point to the aux on the SAC wheel, i still have no music even out of the speakers. .

3. The USB pointing too yeilds no music as well to my sena or out my speakers. .

I find no help in the manuals of the Nav5, nor the RT manual on the above.
Insights from any audio Yodas is very appreciated.
Jumper.
Based on what you posted it appears you never paired your RT to the Sena, so you will not hear anything from the RT using the Sena. If you want to hear music from the RT's aux, radio or USB through the Sena you must pair your Sena to the RT. When you try listening through the speakers, did you turn off blue tooth on the RT? If you didn't, you won't hear anything through the speakers. Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a Sena 20S. I saw on another thread somewhere to do it like this and it worked for me:

1 pair Sena to bike
2 pair Nav to Sena
3 pair phone to Nav

During step one you may need to have the nav and phone turned off or out of range. Keep the phone off or out of range for step 2. It shouldn't matter in subsequent uses but YMMV. If this doesn't work the first time you may have to reset the Sena and delete any pairings to the bike and then start over. Also make sure you have the latest firmware for your Sena.

Once they are all paired the Wonder Wheel is basically useless for volume control. You'll have to do it via the Sena. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried adjusting the volume of each of these inputs using the Sena's thumb wheel? The Sena is suppose to remember these settings.

Based on what you posted it appears you never paired your RT to the Sena, so you will not hear anything from the RT using the Sena. If you want to hear music from the RT's aux, radio or USB through the Sena you must pair your Sena to the RT. When you try listening through the speakers, did you turn off blue tooth on the RT? If you didn't, you won't hear anything through the speakers. Hope this helps and good luck.
MilehiRyder, somsyncing the Nav5 which is attached to the RT, is not the same as syncing to the RT? I guess what i am sayings both the Nav5 and the RT (through its menu) needs to be synced to the Sena?
Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
MilehiRyder, somsyncing the Nav5 which is attached to the RT, is not the same as syncing to the RT? I guess what i am sayings both the Nav5 and the RT (through its menu) needs to be synced to the Sena?
Thanks
That's correct, if you pair to the Nav5 only, you are not paired to the RT. Here is what I did that works for me. I have a Sena SMH10:

1) Load the latest firmware (5.1.1) on to the Sena SMH10 and do a factory reset on it following section 21 of the manual.
2) Pair phone to the Nav V.
3) Pair Sena to the RT using phone pairing (HFP+A2DP) following section 6.1 of the manual.
4) Pair Sena to the Nav V using multipoint pairing (HFP) following section 6.2 of the manual.

·
Premium Member
6,160 Posts
Thanks
You can synch. your SENA to the radio as well as to the Nav. V in addition, depending on what you are trying to do. If I recalled what you said in your first post, you have your iPhone synch. to your SENA, and therefore you won't have to synch. SENA to Nav. V separately. Be warned though that there is a bug for listening to Nav. V audio directions through the bike's audio! The bug is that you will not hear the audio via the radio, and the workaround is that you must mute the audio on the Nav. V (touch the speaker symbol) and then unmute it. You will now find that the audio direction will pass through the bike's radio. Unfortunately, you must go through this mute/unmute procedure after every shutdown.

The volume of the Nav. V IS adjustable! I had the same problem that you did when I first started using Nav. V. I don't remember where the setting is, but I suggest that you look through all the menus in Nav. V. It is there somewhere, and if you really cannot find it, let me know and I will try to find it for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all. The volume is adjustable on the Garmin -Nav5, 'ONCE you take the unit out of the mount of the RT'

In terms of pairing the RT to the Sena, that is now on my still to do list.
Thanks to all.
Jumper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.