BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys maybe someone could provide me with a little bit of help.
I have the 2014 rtw and I am trying to link the BMW Blue tooth to the comunication system. Everytime I link the second Com system of Helmet 2 I loose the ability to listen in Helmet 1. I followed the instructions where I like the helmet 1 com to the audio system, then turn the com off and when I try to link helmet 2 com. it fails. The audio system is blue tooth mode since I had to turn off the speakers for the first helmet. am I missing something. Your help would really be apreciated.
Thanks
G

·
Premium Member
5,261 Posts
Guys maybe someone could provide me with a little bit of help.
I have the 2014 rtw and I am trying to link the BMW Blue tooth to the comunication system. Everytime I link the second Com system of Helmet 2 I loose the ability to listen in Helmet 1. I followed the instructions where I like the helmet 1 com to the audio system, then turn the com off and when I try to link helmet 2 com. it fails. The audio system is blue tooth mode since I had to turn off the speakers for the first helmet. am I missing something. Your help would really be apreciated.
Thanks
G
You can link two helmets only if you are using a BMW comm. system! Are you?

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,261 Posts
OK. I don't have the BMW comm. system myself, but figure on eliminating the obvious first. The other obvious requirement is that you must use BMW's Bluetooth standard 2.0. Older version will not allow 2 helmets pairing. Specifically, this is what the manual said:

In order to also connect the passenger
helmet to the audio system
in addition to the rider's helmet,
two BMW communication
system with the Bluetooth standard
2.0 must be used. If both
BMW systems are using Bluetooth
1.2, only one helmet may
be connected to the audio system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have the BMW 2.0 bt. Just hoping someone that has installed it could give me a hand. The sound is great when you hear it via the helmet. I have been following the instructions but I may be missing something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gerard,

Silly question: Have you tried linking helmet 2 while leaving helmet 1 connected? If not, I would give that a try.

To all: What is the source of the comments that you must have BMW's communicator for this to work? Anything besides the owners manual?

I have an Interphone F4 with my 2014 RT, and it works better than the manual says it should! Not only do I link to the bikes audio system (with or without the GPS), but my phone works through the helmet at the same time! I was pretty sure that would not happen from reviews and posts that I've read.

I do have a problem similar to Gerard's, and it MAY be because I'm not using BMW headsets. When I try to link a second helmet, my console presents a message that says "Not Possible".

Has anyone had success linking two helmets (BMW communicator or not)?

Has anyone tried with the new SMH-20?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts