BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Not Ironic that most of the states listed have seen diminished hunting seasons with fewer days and tags issued. Also hunting has become either politically incorect or a non interest amongst the people population....so the deer populations are getting out of control.
I don't hunt anymore and have never hunted big game but this is a direct result of an overpopulation problem caused by pressure from animal rights and anti-gun groups.
Now, people are dying in car accidents and Millions of Dollars in damage to personal property is the result.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I live in Illinois. Bow hunting in counties around chicago Shot gun only in most of the rest of the state for hnting deer. They are around like rats during the plague. The anti hunter setiment in illinois is pretty strong and getting stronger.

15 years ago they did a survey for our county roughly 25 miles by 25 miles. There were over 600 deer vs vehicle accidents. People population then was around 500k today close to 700k. them deer are running out of space.

Wisconsin has some seriois open season them deer. Was in south west wisconsin last weekend saw lots of harvested deer. One was even in the camp site next door to us. They have a much more agressive policy about here controll up there. Last I hear they harvest 200k per year up there.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Believe it or not, here in NJ, 15 miles from NYC, in a very, very populated suburban/urban area, the government has approved controlled hunts for the past few years. The tree huggers came out and told a bunch of lies about the hunt the first year but even they seem resigned that the giant horned rats are a problem. I guess it's one thing to not want to kill Bambi and entirely another when it's your Volvo that gets destroyed!

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
In a few communities around Cleveland, the local governments have hired snipers to start bagging the pests. It obviously very controlled. But as of yet, I haven't heard the anti-hunting lobbyists too too much.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hawg:

You can come and hunt here :) . Last winter over 200 of the miserable creatures were counted one night on our farm alone in southern Michigan.

Hopefully there will be a few more hunters around this year.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Pulled into my back yard last night after dark and counted 22 of them miserable things. Could have made good use of that howitzer. Anyone want to some some hunting, come on.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Hi ...Michigan's number 2 ...We try harder...Patric ....

:Snip »MY state is FOURTH!!! And I know about it all too well«

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Hey Hawg, is that you all covered up on the front webpage of the buckstix?

The one with the camo!

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I've gotta think that MI is striving to be #1. Last month (before the rut really got started) on a 2 round trip weekend to Lansing (180 miles round trip) I counted 30 dead deer along the interstates. There's new kills along the route I take to work each day. Next week my son and I will try to deplete the population some. (His first season.) Coming back from Columbus, OH yesterday, rode 3 hours in the dark (6-9pm). Was FULLY awake the whole way. Saw new kills but no live ones.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
You haven't kept up with the crap in Solon Ohio... petitions for court orders, neighbors suing neighbors for letting the snipers use their property for snipping. Fox news choppers hovering over the metro parks to try and catch them killing the deer.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
In reply to Michael's response, that sounds like those idiots from Peta that are suing their neighbors for allowing the men to come in and thin the herd!

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pkpr1998 said:
Hey Hawg, is that you all covered up on the front webpage of the buckstix?

The one with the camo!

Is that me? Heck no...although it be an improvement over my real portrait!

Reckon these guys have something to hide from the gov'ment and don't want their faces seen...

LOL!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts