BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a motor or parts bike! Also looking for input and suggestions, etc. We bought this bike second hand through a private party early spring of 2018. The man rode it in April from upstate NY to Key West Florida and back home. No issues what so ever! Rode it on and off throughout the summer here at home short trips 50 miles max per trip. Late summer on his way back from camp it blew one of the rods out of the block. 🤦‍♀️ Approximately 50,000 miles on the machine. We have been watching Ebay, Coparts Auction site, craigslist,Facebook, you name it, across the US to find a bike or complete motor. We really don't want to buy just a motor for $10,000!

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Let me tell you the bike is not worth the money to put a new OEM motor in it. Keep up your search. you don't need the exact year for replacement. And a better option may be to just part out what you have and buy another bike. The K13S Forum "IBMW.com" is down, has been for a week. Maybe it is finished but that would be a good resource. Odd failure mode for this bike. #4 cylinder?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
So, did you buy one?

·
Registered
95 Posts
And is I-BMW ever going to reappear? Any inside info, Beech?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
No, it is gone. All the people in the know agree. Here is the hub of folks starting up a new version. Less political and more bike. So far it is heavy on the chat and light on the tech. More tech needs to be posted even though it is a repeat of previous ibmw posts.
Many files and threads I wish I had copied to file are now lost. It is fair game to post copied stuff on the new site as long as you give source credit. The Rider Space will be welcoming all riders and bikes, There are various forums on it, BMW being the main issue.
https://theriderspace.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts