BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across a barn find of sorts. Covered in dust and only a few thousand miles on a 2012 1600gtl. Check engine light is on. I'm wondering what to look out for. From some of the reading I have done, the fuel pump may be causing the light. I'm confused on how it can run and still have a check engine light for the fuel pump. Maybe clogged up and low pressure? It could be something completely different, as I'm guessing at this point. The owner passed away and I'm thinking of buying it as is. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,876 Posts
My 2012 gets better and better on each ride and if the price is right, I would not hesitate. There have been some factory fixes for the 2012 that might still be covered. I'd get it.

It would take a lot to get me to upgrade to new K1600GTL. There haven't been that many changes and with my installed farkles, I still prefer my 2012.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always worry about the first year of vehicles. I'm just hoping to not mess up. I've had goldwings, and now on a electra glide, but never a bmw. Looking for lighter but still a good ride.

·
Premium Member
4,876 Posts
My K1600GTL was number 386 off of the boat, the first year they were released and I too had your concerns. I bought it sight unseen and have not regretted it for a moment, after my first 1,000 miles. It took that long to get used to it and feel comfortable. and that took about two weeks.

·
Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Did you get the bike and what about the "check engine light?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts