BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AND THE AWARD GOES TO.......

The first 3 awards the folks where not there to get them but they were passed off to other member to deliver them to where they belong. :wave

1)Dealer Award
Leo's South Powersports
Thanks For all your onsite help this year at CCR

2) Pale Rider
Joel Harris
He used 5 tires on his LT going to & coming home from CCR last year
Tire #1 New rear tire night before leaving for CCR
Unrepairable flat near Pittsburg KS
Tire #2 - borrowed rear wheel and tire from Dean to continue trip & got a Flat in
Boise on borrowed tire
Tire #3 - new tire by Big Twin
But - wrong tire installed (Marathon version not rated for the LT) that he
rode on to Kansas.
Tire #4 - new tire in KC for Dean to replace the Marathon
Tire #5 - new tire in KC for Joel installed by Dean
Plus a flat on the Trailer That picked up his bike to go to deans house & a
flat on his truck when Joel got home

3) Master Mechanic
Dave Selvig AKA Saddleman
He built a garage bigger then his home to work on all the bikes on the East
coast.

4) Helping Hands
Steve Rowe
Thank You for all your
Hard work & Dedication

5) Curve Cowboy Award
Laurie Munson
What can we Say about this person that has already been said before.
She does just about everything need to keep CCR the best MC event
ever.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
katnapinn [b said:
5) Curve Cowboy Award[/b]
Laurie Munson
What can we Say about this person that has already been said before.
She does just about everything need to keep CCR the best MC event
ever.
And she looks good doing it, too! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Here are pictures of the recipients of the Pale Rider and Master Mechanic Awards. We met late this morning in Greensboro, NC and then went and had breakfast at a family diner. It was good to meet Joel and his wife Julie, face-to-face.

Joel is in the blue shirt with the Pale Rider Award for all the flat tires getting to and from CCR last year. Dave is in the grey shirt with the Master Mechanic Award for all the knowledge he has, for all the knowledge he has passed around, and for all the people he has helped. Both were humbled to be recognized.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Lee510 said:
Joel is in the blue shirt with the Pale Rider Award for all the flat tires getting to and from CCR last year. Dave is in the grey shirt with the Master Mechanic Award for all the knowledge he has, for all the knowledge he has passed around, and for all the people he has helped. Both were humbled to be recognized.
Nice awards for a couple of deserving guys! Awesome!
:yeah::yeah::yeah:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
You're quite welcome, Steve. Glad to do it. You're on for the cold one! :toast:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thanks for the award - I think :eek:

Hated to miss CCR this year, but happy to know that my little adventure last year was the worst mishap that befell our little community.

Appreciated Lee dragging the award back to NC and making the effort to meet up with us in Greensboro to hand it off live. Great to meet both Lee and Dave - as Julie commented later, the LT community has the best people in it.

Can't wait to get to Bend OR, I'm thinking that is at least a 7 tire trip.

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
tarheel_rider said:
Thanks for the award - I think :eek:

Hated to miss CCR this year, but happy to know that my little adventure last year was the worst mishap that befell our little community.

Appreciated Lee dragging the award back to NC and making the effort to meet up with us in Greensboro to hand it off live. Great to meet both Lee and Dave - as Julie commented later, the LT community has the best people in it.

THAT'S the spirit. Good one, Joel. :)

Congratulations on the Pale Rider Award.

·
Registered
558 Posts
tarheel_rider said:
the LT community has the best people in it.
Truer words are rarely spoken!

tarheel_rider said:
I'll make sure the Supporting Dealership knows. It's going to be a good drive for any dealership, so this may provide some additional incentive. :rotf:

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,068 Posts
I'm not sure how I got the award since I have never been to CCR but I sure do appreciate it. I sure have enjoyed meeting everyone on the forum & in person. I bought a Clymer manual before I ever rode my first LT & with it plus the help on this forum It was easy learning to work on the LT.

Thanks Y'all, Dave

BTW I have a new LT owner stopping by for a service on his LT Sat. & he wanted a recommendation on what oil to use HELP What should I tell him. :D

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sheldan2 said:
Vegetable oil Dave.
ARE YOU CRAZY !!!
Extra Virgin Olive oil only :histerica

On a serious note Dave You are one of the few that really deserved this award. What you do for the LT community in your own back yard & on this forum just shows what a great tech & person your are.
(Standing up now)
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

·
Registered
558 Posts
katnapinn said:
What you do for the LT community in your own back yard & on this forum just shows what a great tech & person your are.
Too true. Need not be present to win.....

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
1st. I can't believe Dave turned this thread into JAOT! (Just Another Oil Thread) :histerica

2nd. Y'all are going to give him the big head! :histerica :histerica :histerica Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! :wave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.