BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stage 2 of the 2012 Cannonball stopped today in Sandusky, OH. All I can find online is that the riders (at least some of them) are at the Comfort Inn on Milan Road. Does anyone have particulars on when/where they are leaving from on Sunday, 9/9/12?

I imagine they will be off very early, but if not I'd ride from SE Ohio to see them in action.

Thanks.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don't know, but it looks like their start today took place while the sun was up quite far.
Not dawn or daybreak, I think.
Therefore ...
Which Richville are you in? The north one, or the south one?
dc

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
All I could find is that they left at 7:30 am on the first leg in NY. I see my friend Joe Gardela finished 9th on the first day on his 1914 Harley.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
David13 said:
... Which Richville are you in? The north one, or the south one?
I live near Rushville, in Fairfield county - about an hour SE of Columbus, and 3 hours from Sandusky.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
saddleman said:
All I could find is that they left at 7:30 am on the first leg in NY.
Thanks, Dave. An early departure makes sense, but also means I would have to leave at 4:00 AM to see them off. I'll think about it.

In the meantime if anyone has solid info on when the riders leave Sandusky, please chime in.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
I just finished reading a blog & the race started at 9:00am in NY. They left the motel at 7:30 to go to the museum for breakfast before the start of the race. I still don't know when they will leave Sandusky.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the late reply! I realize Stage 2 (ending in Sandusky) isn't one of the bigger stops but it would be nice if the organizers included some more details on when and when they depart from.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Doug. I had the route from their web site, but it doesn't list particulars: when they arrive at the end of a day, when they leave the next day, and where they leave from. Admittedly, some advance planning on my part could have unearthed these details. :eek:

I emailed the ride organizers a day or so ago; they replied mid-morning today that they left at 7:00 AM today from the hotel in Sandusky. So, no chance to make this happen this time. Maybe next time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts