1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,963 Posts
Thanks for the link Doug. :thumb: I saw my friend Joe in one of the pictures helping Doug work on his Mag problem & have now read every post.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,963 Posts
I called my friend Joe Gardela last night & he was helping another rider on there bike so I just spoke to him briefly. He has completed every mile & is scored in second place. As of yesterday there were 22 bikes that had completed every mile.

The scoring system for a tie breaker is, Smallest CC bike, Followed by the oldest bike, & then the oldest rider. The smallest CC bikes are out of the contest & it is now down to the oldest bike & oldest rider. Right now first place is a 1913 bike followed by Joe's 1914 bike.

So far Joe has finished first every day. While the others have been riding 40 to 50 mph Joe has been riding 60 to 70 mph when he can. He told me he is having a blast riding the bike as hard as he can. He broke a valve spring in Michigan & installed a new chain & rear tire in Sturgis.

Joe & I are from Michigan & he is the only other rider that I know that has rode year round in Michigan. If they encounter snow in the mountains he will have an advantage over most other riders.

I'm hoping I can follow them on my bike on the next Cannon Ball Run.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LodiDon said:
So, when are we leaving Lodi Sunday to go have a look-see?
Meet Sunday 9/23, Flag City McDonalds, I-5 and Hwy 12 at 9:30 am.
Arrive earlier if you want breakfast.

1. Doug
2. Lodi Don
3. Don's friend

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Meet Sunday 9/23, Flag City McDonalds, I-5 and Hwy 12 at 9:30 am.
Arrive earlier if you want breakfast.

http://goo.gl/maps/4x5bA

1. Doug
2. Lodi Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts