BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Quick observation/vent: Since I've been in the market to purchase a new BMW m/c since the fall of 2010, I've noticed that BMW is always real late in posting their new updated MY website.

I recall last year (2010) that BMW Motorrad did not post their 2011 website until real late (was it Oct?) in the 2010 calendar year. It appears BMW Motorrad will be late for the party again for the new 2012 MY.

As a side note/comparison, H-D always posts their new MY website in July of the year preceding the new MY. In other words, the complete 2012 H-D website, with pricing/color options, etc., has already been up and running since July 2011, for the 2012 MY.

This annoys me! Internet news revealed the 2012 MY will have new color choices to include the rumor that there will be little to no additional updates for 2012, outside of color choices.

Why do I have to wait so long to find out about the official 2012 MY BMWs?

Does anyone know what the MSRP price increases will be for the 2012 MY? Does anyone know what the option price increases are?

Additionally, BMW's 2012 MY automobile websites are already up and running. I just don't get it???

At any rate, its official. I plan to order a 2012, but man, I'm so annoyed that I can't prepare my wish list. I have to wait until Oct or later to view the new 2012 BMW Motorrad website?

Does anyone else see it as I do? Tks for letting me vent...

cheers,

BB

·
Registered
350 Posts
you're still only half way through 2011 . Why do manufacturers feel the need to call a bike produced in 2011, a 2012 model. Do they think they are getting ahead of the others?
I'm going to have my 2013 bacon sandwich now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
axamax said:
you're still only half way through 2011 . Why do manufacturers feel the need to call a bike produced in 2011, a 2012 model. Do they think they are getting ahead of the others?
I'm going to have my 2013 bacon sandwich now.
British humour at its best! :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts