BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 2009 LT have a 6th gear or is the ad poster counting reverse?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
TeddyTelco said:
Does the 2009 LT have a 6th gear or is the ad poster counting reverse?
No "6th" gear, but there is a reverse.

Oh and not link to the ad

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
The LT brochures have always said 6 speed transmission over the years and reverse is one of those.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paul,

I see you had the 2 versions on the K1200LTs. Do you think the post 2005s are much better than the earlier ones?

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
The 05 and up have several things that make them better - more horsepower, revised fork rake, electric center stand.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
TeddyTelco said:
Paul,

I see you had the 2 versions on the K1200LTs. Do you think the post 2005s are much better than the earlier ones?

I cannot really say that the more horsepower or different geometry of the pre 2005 vs the post 2005 make one better vs the other. Maybe some of the more "sophisticated " members could tell the difference, but I would imagine that most of us would never notice the difference.

I do like the new dash on the +2005 and the elec center stand is nice. (I never had any problem getting my pre 2005 on the manual center stand)

The only reason I upgraded was I was wanted a newer one and could afford it. Also I was planning and did ride to 30 of the 48 states in the last two years on the LT and wanted a "newer" bike that did not have the peccadillos of a 10 year old bike.

So I would let your budget, amount of tolerance, desire for electronic center stand be your guide.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
alabrew said:
The 05 and up have several things that make them better - more horsepower, revised fork rake, electric center stand.
There are a few more noticeable things.
The double stack headlight, the trunk rack with taillight, and oh yes I got one :histerica best addition.
ride safe :bmw:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts