1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No cd changer! (HUH??)

smoother..noticably smoother
seems like smoother power than the '05
engine has a completely different sound at idle, and at speed as compared to the '05.

seats suck. soft touch my ass!

BMW Nav II is a direct plug in, and works great

backup backrest fits with the soft touch, but just barely! (seats seem thicker...)

color is fine..as long as you like black.........

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
simoncharles said:
I didn´t know they had modified the engine. Was your last LT a 05 with the hydraulic center stand ?

yup, it sure was. this one is noticeably smoother. my wife commented on it after 5 miles.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
mconlogue said:
No cd changer! (HUH??)

smoother..noticably smoother
seems like smoother power than the '05
engine has a completely different sound at idle, and at speed as compared to the '05.

seats suck. soft touch my ass!

BMW Nav II is a direct plug in, and works great

backup backrest fits with the soft touch, but just barely! (seats seem thicker...)

color is fine..as long as you like black.........
Glad you and the wife are back up Mark and enjoying the new bike. I have the '08 and I have to say that I enjoy the LT and the creature comforts.

You are right about the seats and if you are interested, I will be putting my Rick Mayer seat on the "For Sale" List here shortly along with my back-up backrest (sold seperately). Great seat but I am used to the darn Corbin's an I am going back to one that I picked up on this board recently. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
293 Posts
For me the most obvious is the shorter center stand. Although this makes the bike go up onto the stand easier it also makes the bike go off the stand easier and it is something to keep in mind. I have almost dropped mine a time or two. This shorter stand makes it also harder to park the bike because you need a really flat surface.

Mine has a second fuel consumption record that was not on the previous one and it is without the CD shuttle which I think is good because that thing only eats space in the pannier.

I did around 1400kms last weekend with mine and it is still an awesome machine ... still a bit stiff but getting better.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Mark - Congrats on the new ride!! We noticed same with our 07 - seats sucked, so the dealer switched for the standard seat. Smoooooother, easier shifting, better handling, quicker, better brakes, all yep! Noted the sound - my wrench says the exhaust from 07 on is less restrictive. We also noted less helmet noise (same helmets) which could be bec ause we are sitting lower??

Ride safe, often, and far!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I am still not clear as to whether we are comparing bikes previous to the ones with the hydraulic center stand or between early and later models with it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Congrats with the new Bike!! I am glad you had no problem piking your new bike up. Enjoy riding it :dance: :dance: :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts