BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i did a very quick search in the forum and i only found some info on this procedure that dated to 2009... And not very specific for us pseudo-noobs.
Can the experienced guys point me in the right direction, or out-rite tell me in DETAIL how to do it?, because although i do support my dealership and i am not in the poor house, i do not like to give away money needlessly.
I know, i know.... The search button is my friend, but wouldn't a fresh write up be awesome??? Lol
Thanks so much

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Xnight said:
I know, i know.... The search button is my friend, but wouldn't a fresh write up be awesome???
There ARE fresh write ups, and one member recently did series of videos. Need more awesome than that?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Send a PM to John at jzeiler. He created DVDs for each type of brake system on the LT and can probably get one out to you. Very well made and informative. Specific step by step instructions.

Thanks Tony. I forgot about the videos someone posted a link to a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Xnight said:
Uhhh, a link to them would make you King of Bmw LT forum!, and just PM'd jzeiler
The video Tony mentioned does not cover your model year, jzeiler's will be the one you should get. I got the one jzeiler made and it is like you have a friend right there with you while doing the work. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
johnbaker15 said:
The video Tony mentioned does not cover your model year, jzeiler's will be the one you should get. I got the one jzeiler made and it is like you have a friend right there with you while doing the work. :)
Awesome, he just has to get back to me now.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
He always does.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I recently did the brakes on my 2007LT. I think yours and mine should be the same. Feel free to PM/call/email/whatever if you have questions. I used the Pre-2005 brake flush write-up and the 2005 addendum. Both can be found in the Files section which is in the top menu bar on this page.

The real "trick" is knowing that there are two reservoirs and circuits for each end of the bike (i.e. two for front and two for rear). Also, filling the fluid at the integrated ABS unit is much easier using the threaded funnel tool.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cwarren said:
I recently did the brakes on my 2007LT. I think yours and mine should be the same. Feel free to PM/call/email/whatever if you have questions. I used the Pre-2005 brake flush write-up and the 2005 addendum. Both can be found in the Files section which is in the top menu bar on this page.

The real "trick" is knowing that there are two reservoirs and circuits for each end of the bike (i.e. two for front and two for rear). Also, filling the fluid at the integrated ABS unit is much easier using the threaded funnel tool.
Thanks man, will do, first im gonna give this dvd a good look.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Hi where do you get the threaded funnel tool? I've tried to get a comparable threaded hydraulic coupling here in the UK so I can make one but have had no luck.

Cheers Bren

·
Registered
103 Posts
Beamer bone yard for the funnel.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
You can also look at this thread for info on building your own.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
illinoisbmwriders.com Go to maintenance repair videos. Look up integral brake flush. Good video.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts