BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2009 K1300GT and looking to put a tankbag on it. The 2 models I'm looking at, are the BMW 71607708357 and the Touratech New Style 611-0009. Both model numbers are for a 2008 K1200GT. I'm looking for advice from someone who has either of these bags.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
There is no difference in the body or mounting options between the 08 and 09 GT, so either should work just fine on it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
You may want to take a look at the Bags Connection Engage bag available from Twisted Throttle or Pirates Lair. Great bags in several sizes (I have 2) that connect to a ring on the gas filler mount. You can even electrify the mount for gizmo power in the bag (great for charging phone, ipod, etc). I'm not affiliated in any way just a happy owner.

Here's a link to get you started:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2131/203/

·
Registered
807 Posts
Funny story about myself. I ordered the BMW tank bag and I never used it. When I sold the GT the man who bought is was thrilled to see it was NEW.

With the large top case I just never needed it.

Maybe you will find with all the storage on the GT you don't need it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yo Barryrt
ihendrik below is correct.
I have an 07 k1200gt and the engage tankbag from sw-motech(gs model for our bikes) at twisted throttle is fabulous. You install the horseshoe and pop it on or off when you like, and it is very good quality. Just putting in my two cents since it works so well. Enjoy your ride!
VIc

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
flyboy said:
Yo Barryrt
ihendrik below is correct.
I have an 07 k1200gt and the engage tankbag from sw-motech(gs model for our bikes) at twisted throttle is fabulous. You install the horseshoe and pop it on or off when you like, and it is very good quality. Just putting in my two cents since it works so well. Enjoy your ride!
VIc
+1 for the Engage, or any other Bags Connection tank bag that fits the SW Motech mount. I have an Engage, and the quality is very high. There are lots of tank bags in different sizes and shapes that fit the SW Motech mount, plus shock-resistant camera pedestals, electrical connections for charging cell phones or whatever, and more.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody for the advice. I initially wanted the Touratech "Newstyle" bag, but I ordered the Engage bag, a map pocket, bracket. Hopefully, I don't have to wait too long for delivery and I ended up saving some money!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
barryrt..
Just a heads up on the engage tank bag. When you position the female part of the horseshoe(This part goes on the bag) you must drill four holes in the plastic base to secure it. Make sure you position it so that the bag doesn't hit your horn or handlebar switchgear. You do this first before you drill your holes in the plastic piece at the bottom of the bag. You will have a better idea when you see the bag.

If it all sounds complicated it's not. If I can do it anyone can do it.
Congratulations on your new bike. This new engine is PFM(pure @#$#@ magic).
You will really dig the bag.
Vic

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll try to remember that advice when it arrives. A common complaint regarding the BMW bags was that the horn would be contacted in a sharp left turn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts