BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find a 2008 repair manual but can not find a 2009, is it available? or should I use the 2008?

New owner trying to find my way

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I find a 2008 repair manual but can not find a 2009, is it available? or should I use the 2008?

There are no major changes from 2008 to 2009, certainly not anything to be concerned about.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a Clymer repair manual which states that it covers the K1200LT models from 1998 to 2008. I've only seen very minor differences between the 2006 to 2008 instructions and the 2009 model.

Sometimes I look at the pictures and instructions for a minute or so because of some variation, but have been able to do my own routine maintenance (including brake pads).

Biggest difference I've had trouble with is the color schemes in the wiring diagrams at the back of the manual. For some reason, the 2009 sometimes has different two color wires than is shown in the book, but the basic wiring harness is exactly as shown in the manual.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
many have said that there is no 2009, only left over 2008 models that they called 2009.

I have no facts to back this up except lore on this site.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a manual in like new condition that I'll sell you. Shoot me some contact info and we'll work something out.

·
Registered
517 Posts
It is my understanding, and somewhat validated by information from 'Real OEM' (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do?vin=ZL73778), that the last K1200LT for export to the USA was manufactured by BMW sometime during July 2008.

I have, from time to time, seen references to someone seeing a 2010 LT, but if so that must be one that sat on a dealers showroom floor for some time.

My 2007 was made in April of 2007 as per my serial number ZL73778 shown on the chart.

So it looks like you can use the Clymers for the late and last models of our LT. My Clymers states that it's good for up to 2008 I think and I've yet to find anything on the bike that the manual doesn't cover.... except for the extra money we need - :bmw:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts