BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 1999 LT with no radio issues, I totaled the bike about 3 years ago ( no injuries) and purchased a low mileage 2009 LT

The weather radio function has never worked for me on the 2009, Dealer said they cant repair that anyway. Occasionally the radio does not always come on, flip the ignition switch and it usually comes on. This weak, the radio was on but all I heard was a low buzz when I started the bike, So I tried restarting the bike and no change. Later that day I flipped the radio on to hear the same buzz, then I changed to low beam and the radio came to life. High beam, just buzz, which increases as the RPMS increase.

Then while riding with the low beam on, radio on I had to apply the brakes, and the radio went off. Then in a few seconds back on. I tried apply rear of front brake and no difference, radio went silent then back on.

So before I take it to the dealer, I thought I would see what other experiences were out there etc. I have a feeling the radio is not a serviceable item at the dealer.

Thanks
Rick

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
It may just need a reboot (dealer won't do this). Just disconnect the battery (-) terminal for 10 minutes and then re-connect. There will be a big spark but that is normal. This forces a hard reboot of the radio controller software and often this will restore normal function to the radio. Worth a try.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There is a member on here that repairs the Radios. He did mine. I shipped my radio to him in Florida. He received in on a Saturday and shipped it back to me the following Sunday. I received it on Wednesday. It works fine now. My rear speakers were not working. He replaced bad chips, installed Bluetooth and increased wattage. He goes by Chrischenusa.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Try the hard reboot as J Zeiler suggests. Amazing how many times that works. If not. Get ahold of Chrischenusa in Fla as Danny boy said. Thank God someone here in the states now repairs them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts