BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW Motorrad USA is pleased to announce the 2009 BMW K 1200 LT. MSRP will be $21,520 excluding freight which is $495. For model year 2009 the BMW K 1200 LT will only be available in Night Black non metallic and the intercom system will no longer be available. Please see the tables below for full details.

Standard Equipment / 100% Options

Hazard warning flashers
Heated hand grips
ABS – full integral
Cruise control
On board computer
Chrome package
5 Speed gear box with overdrive and reverse gear
Stainless steel exhaust system
Closed loop catalytic converter
Audio sound system with RDS Radio, single CD drive, digital display, 8 loudspeakers with rider and passenger control
2 power sockets
Dual horn
Adjustable ventilation for riders area
Single key locking system
Adjustable brake and clutch levers
Electro-hydraulic center stand
Adjustable riders seat
Electrically adjustable windshield
On-board computer
Rear suspension strut with travel dependent damping (WAD)
Multifunctional display
Low beam headlamp adjustment
Diagnostic interface
Windshield high
Xenon Lights
Preparation for BMW Motorrad Navigator
Central Locking
Floor Lighting
Top Case Rack with Brake Light
Soft Touch Seat
Seat black
Heated Seats and Passenger Backrest
Anti Theft Alarm

Code Available Colors
716 Night Black Non Metallic

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
At last!

"Floor Lighting"

Bob

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
BecketMa said:
At last!

"Floor Lighting"

Bob
I guess that's the dumb little lights on the under side of the tip over wings that only come on after the key is turned off. Been there since '05 but I'm still not sure why?:confused:

Wonder why they dropped the intercom?

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Lights under the wings, "Puddle Lights", are good when pulling into a low light location. Kind of like the cage lights staying on briefly while you get the key out for the door.
Just my $.02.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
eljeffe said:
BMW Motorrad USA is pleased to announce the 2009 BMW K 1200 LT. MSRP will be $21,520 excluding freight which is $495. For model year 2009 the BMW K 1200 LT will only be available in Night Black non metallic and the intercom system will no longer be available. Please see the tables below for full details.

Standard Equipment / 100% Options
Nothing exactly earth-shattering there. I guess I'll have to hang onto my 2000 LT, with 108K miles for another year. :cool:

·
IBR# 366
16,544 Posts
That matches what my local dealer told me. Black only, one option package, no other changes for '09.
He also hinted that there will be an all new LT for '10 LT, which will be radically different from anything that BMW makes now.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Beemerider said:
Doesn't seem to bother Honda or Harley?...

Neither does that fact that once again BMW is carrying over the same design with no improvements....

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
simoncharles said:
What is the "WAD" ?
Preload adjuster

simoncharles said:
Adjustable riders seat ?.
Yep, same little flip down riser on the bottom of the rider's seat.

·
Registered
291 Posts
So do you think they just ran out of 08's, only had black paint left, and only made enough intercoms for the 08 run. Since the '10 will be all new, I'm not sure the '09 will be a big seller.:(

·
Registered
740 Posts
No intercom on a touring setup; now how absurd is that?!? :mad: No intercom means no integration and use of FRS, cell phone, GPS audio, CB, etc...no wonder they lost the war.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Ranger6 said:
No intercom on a touring setup; now how absurd is that?!? :mad: No intercom means no integration and use of FRS, cell phone, GPS audio, CB, etc...no wonder they lost the war.
10-4 on that, and previous comments. Who knows what "they" are thinking? :confused:

No intercom?
No color choices?

·
Registered
740 Posts
As Agent86 posted, surely they are cleaning out inventory in preparation to release the big woop in '10. Boy howdy, I hope we're not getting setup for a big disappointment when it does come. :(

·
Registered
13,451 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
BecketMa said:
At last!

"Floor Lighting"

Bob

My 2008 has floor lighting (OEM).

Kevin