BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon.

I have now just experienced the EHCS failure on my 2009 K1200LT, I purchased this used bike used 2 years ago after totalling my 99K1200lt but it only now has 29K on the bike.. I am looking to see if there is anyone within 250 miles of Indianapolis, who has experience with rebuilding or troubleshooting the electric hydraulic center stand and would be willing to assist me. . I can see these appear to be fixable even though the BMW dealers dont support repairing the units only replacement which is $$$$$. I dont have the skill set to do this myself and so if anyone is willing to assist me , I will gladly make the trip.

Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Rick

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
Look at this video to see if you are able to pull the unit.

If you are I can rebuild your unit. Details sent by PM.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I just installed mine while while the bike is on the side stand so you should be able to remove it that way too. SOOOO nice to have that feature back, thanks to JohnZ. I did him no favor by taking the pump apart, and that was not the problem anyway. The shaft was too worn to seal properly. I also scared up the seals I installed.

You can manually get it up on the center stand, use a helper, by rolling the rear wheel on to some lumber, I use a piece of 3/4" plywood as a ramp on to a 2 x 4. You can then push the center stand down, I put another 2 x 4 behind the stand to push against. Easier than it writes.

Get a few cans of brake cleaner and spray that thing down good. Mine had a few more miles but was pretty grimy. I would guess you will need a motor as that is about the same milage my motor went out. Get that Honda one.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pulled my 2009 EHCS unit on Sunday night, thanks to the Video!!!! As always, this is a great site with great people. I sent my unit to John Z to have it repaired or rebuilt. Cant wait to get it back on and ride it again

Thanks

Rick H

Reactions: dthogey
1 - 5 of 5 Posts