BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help with a signal/hazard problem. to keep it short, my signals/hazarsds work, then don't but always come back by the next morning.
i've owned the bike for 10 months, it is under warranty and has been back to the shop 5 times! the relay has been replaced etc..etc...the techs are not sure what's up.
the signals acually behave like a hair dryer that overheats. works for a while then cuts off. when cooled down all is good again.
completely bewildered but believe this should be solvable.
all else works perfectly.

thanks if anyone can help.

dd

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hi David,

welcome to the forum! You came up with a tough one...

Is your bike completely stock? I mean that are there any modifications done to the turn signals? Like Muth Signal Mirros or running light modification to the turn signals or sidecase reflector leds.

There can be a grounding problem that comes up in case the modifcations have not been done properly.

I had today my right turn signals missing altogether and the problem turned out to be my own side bumper led grounding.

Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everything is stock. the guys in the shop can't figure it out either. i think something is overheating then cooling down. maybe the relays are in a bad spot. i don't know but thanks for trying.

dd

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was a bad alarm causing the signals to ground out!
bmw of manhattan found the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts