BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cape Fear 1000 Rally
April 18-20, 2008

Although registration does not open until January 4, 2008, and we are still working on lining up all the "special" incentives and door prizes, the Coastal Carolina Rally Krewe invites everyone on the list to make plans to join us in Wilmington, North Carolina the weekend of April 18-20, 2008 for the third edition of the Cape Fear 1000 Rally. As we have done for the last two events, the Rally is to benefit the Victory Junction Gang Camp for chronically ill children. More details on the Rally can be found at www.capefear1000.com and details about the Victory Junction Gang Camp can be found at www.victoryjunction.org

The Greentree Inn will once again be the host motel and a block of rooms have been reserved for riders and guests at a special rate. All rally activities will again be at Lily's Banquet Room. Our idea of offering something for everyone during the weekend has worked well in the past and we will continue with the same format. There will be a 24-hour Rally event; a Mini-Rally; a Ride-To-Eat BBQ Feast Saturday evening; and, a Farewell Breakfast on Sunday morning.

The complete schedules should be posted on the website by the end of December, but briefly:

The 24-hour Rally will begin at 1:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on Friday the 18th . Each rider will choose from one of three possible starting locations: Milan, TN, Rome, NY, or Venice, FL, and all riders will be due in Wilmington, North Carolina, not later than 3:00 p.m. on Saturday.

The Mini-Rally will begin with rider check-in at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, followed by an informal gathering from 7:00-9:00 p.m. The Rider’s Meeting begins at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday the 19th, riders will be released at 6:00 a.m. and are due back not later than 4:00 p.m.

The BBQ Feast will begin around 7:30 p.m. on Saturday evening with rally results being announced, awards and recognition of riders at 8:30 p.m, or a soon thereafter as the scores can be tallied.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had a blast the last two years, you guys put on a great event. I'll be looking forward to 2008.

Chuck Gittner

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Looks good Jim, but again this butts heads with the Spring Training Camp weekend at the Iron Horse MC Lodge in NC. Whenever the Cape Fear Rally doesn't come up against STC, then I'm in.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I know what you mean Steve. Last two years I have been on the other side of the fence, twice cancelling my Iron Horse reservations to ride the Cape Fear. It would be great to be able to do the rally then kick back in the mountians, maybe next year the stars will align. -Chuck-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts