BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2008 RT after having owned an LT for 5 years, I performed the brake flush on the LT with the help of John Zeiler's DVD but was wondering about the 08 RT flush. I know there is no servo pump since I can't hear anything activate on startup and am wondering if its just a simple "press and pump" flush procedure or is it still made up of open and closed circuit fluid systems like the LT due to the ABS.

Does anyone have a blake flush procedure for a 2008 RT?

thanks

R

· Registered
403 Posts
Just a normal flush is fine. There was some talk that you could then go and brake hard to activate the abs and circulate the fluid from the abs unit, but I don't know that you don't do that with regular bleeding and braking.
The only procedure the RepROM gives is on the servo unit.
(Other than a normal bleed)
dc

· Registered
728 Posts
Nothing like the LT servo brakes.
You can do the fill, pump, bleed or use a vacuum bleeder, yes that is an approved method per BMW for this system but they still want you to finish with a pump and bleed.

Like the LT, retract the pads into the caliper and shim/block them before you bleed the system.
Start your bleed at the master cylinder bleed nipple and after you bleed the calipers finish by bleeding at the mater cylinder a 2nd time (front only).
When doing the front start with the LF then go to the RF.

Rear is straight forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.