BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any major differences or upgrades between the 2 models? I am looking at 08 bikes and I found a dealer with a leftover Storm Grey 2007 model.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I don't think so - BTW there is a 2003 in classifieds with only 13K on it....and an 05 with 19K. Most will agree that our motors aren't broken in until about 20K. Pre 2005 has a little less power, no hydraulic center stand and no central locking - but that's about it other than some minor styling changes and tweaks. They're both Grey. ;)

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
bjoseph said:
are there any major differences or upgrades between the 2 models? I am looking at 08 bikes and I found a dealer with a leftover Storm Grey 2007 model.
no difference. The 08's have been shipped with all the factory options except the passenger floorboards...

·
Registered
558 Posts
According to a salesman at my dealer the 08 LT is just 07's that BMW has not sold. He says that a new 09 is to be out this summer. If that is true an 08 should be pretty cheap before too long. Then again is any of that true?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found this tid bit of info on the BMW concerning a change to the 08 K1200LT:

"The front wheel caster has been increased by 8 mm compared with the previous model. Together with the narrower seat, this improves handling at low speeds and also makes maneuvering the bike easier."

"the new K 1200 LT features WAD travel dependent damping similar to that of the R 1150 GS. Compression-phase damping in this suspension strut increases at a progressive rate offering enhanced riding"

"A completely redesigned seat provides a more ergonomically correct seated position even for riders of small stature"

"Completely redesigned, the cockpit now includes the new Info-Flat-Screen. Smartly designed to provide a wide range of travel information, the new instrument panel shows total distance, coolant and air temperature, gear selection, on-board computer functions, radio information, fuel level and time on one easy-to-read facing."

It sounds like they aren't just recycled 2007's. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I believe most of those changes took place in 2005.....

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
bjoseph said:
I found this tid bit of info on the BMW concerning a change to the 08 K1200LT:

"The front wheel caster has been increased by 8 mm compared with the previous model. Together with the narrower seat, this improves handling at low speeds and also makes maneuvering the bike easier."

"the new K 1200 LT features WAD travel dependent damping similar to that of the R 1150 GS. Compression-phase damping in this suspension strut increases at a progressive rate offering enhanced riding"

"A completely redesigned seat provides a more ergonomically correct seated position even for riders of small stature"

"Completely redesigned, the cockpit now includes the new Info-Flat-Screen. Smartly designed to provide a wide range of travel information, the new instrument panel shows total distance, coolant and air temperature, gear selection, on-board computer functions, radio information, fuel level and time on one easy-to-read facing."

It sounds like they aren't just recycled 2007's. What do you guys think?
Those were all changes to the 2005 models. There have been no substantive changes since.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
ATFLT said:
According to a salesman at my dealer the 08 LT is just 07's that BMW has not sold. He says that a new 09 is to be out this summer. If that is true an 08 should be pretty cheap before too long. Then again is any of that true?
Not correct. The 08 LT that being sold are new production so they are 08's. The "new LT" is still in developement so we won't see it until probably 2010....

·
Registered
257 Posts
08 Lt

+1 ted shred. look at the vin # the 10th digit from the left indicates yr. of mfg. My dealer has a left over storm gray with the 10th digit being a 7. They have a 08 in blue with the 10th digit being a 8. this would tend to indicate new production.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
danbrown said:
+1 ted shred. look at the vin # the 10th digit from the left indicates yr. of mfg. My dealer has a left over storm gray with the 10th digit being a 7. They have a 08 in blue with the 10th digit being a 8. this would tend to indicate new production.
+2:cool: The bikes are mechanically identical though. Just a matter of when they are built. There is a build date on the VIN sticker under the seat on the right side of the bike. Tough to read though with out pulling back the side panel. Your dealer can always look up build dates in the warranty system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts